Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garage remodel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought a house early this year that I acquired from the original owner who built it in 2002. The garage was not up to the appropriate car enthusiast level and it was time for a remodel. Finished a couple weeks ago and I have yet to hang the art and Porsche brake disc clock. Here's the list:

- Remove old crusty workbench and dated/dim fluorescent ceiling lights
- Fill hundreds of holes in stucco walls and ceiling drywall
- Re-wire electrical as needed and relocate 60amp 14-50 outlet between doors for EV charging
- Install 60' retractable hose reel next to water heater for vehicle washing
- Paint entire garage Benjamin Moore PM-1 white
- Install 1" wide frosted lens interconnected LED strip lighting in 6500K. 7 4-ft. tubes used (BRIGHT!)
- Install screw-less electrical outlet covers
- Strip whatever floor coating was there and apply polyurea marine coating in grey with heavy flakes and low-gloss top coat (not slippery)
- Install NewAge BOLD 3.0 7-piece cabinet set w/extra base cabinet for Red Bull fridge. Applied gloss STEK PPF to stainless worktop for scratch protection. Power strip w/USB ports added. (speakers, Bluetooth, neon sign, etc...)
- Install remote controlled color-changing LED strip on top of cabinets at rear
- Install 2 18" Air King commercial fans at backwall. Controlled with existing switch on wall (Model 9318)
- Install 3D printed Nürburgring track on door to house

TMC wont allow the large & pano photos to upload so all you'll see is what will load. Things may be added/changed over time but it's 99% complete and provides a great spot for cleaning/detailing vehicles. Add the Mid Century free-standing cigar ashtray and area rug and I can now alternate spots to enjoy cigars between here and the lanai.
IMG_2728.JPG
IMG_2734.JPG
rack.JPG
red.JPG

Smart addition of the fans plugged into an outlet in the ceiling. From what I understand from some people on here who put an A/C unit in their garage and wanted to add PWs, when the inspector came out the A/C unit made it into a living space and PWs aren't approved for that. Not sure how they resolved it with the city but guessing the A/C went.

I'd love a 3-car garage. No basements here in California and while we also did an epoxy floor and custom cabinets and work table the garage also serves as other storage. Nice job with all that you put in. Notice you have the same color Model 3 and wheels as mine. Never a white car fan before but I do think our Model 3s look sharp. BTW what's the large system above the ladder?

That's the air handler. In Florida, HVAC companies will not install them in attics due to extreme humidity and heat during the summer. Newer homes have them installed inside in closets. The ex owner opted for the garage I assume since they didn't make guest rooms hallway large enough.

Good news is that servicing is a breeze. The black line is the (insulated) water drain.