TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Garage remotes won't work now

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by fred z, Oct 3, 2014.

1. fred z

fred z Member

Hey folks, gotta question somewhat related to above.
    I have a good hook up with Homelink on my car. But...all my remotes not worky! Any suggestions?
    thanks
    fred z:crying:

2. fred z

fred z Member

Garage remotes don't work now that Homelink is operative

Gents and Ladies.
    Is the fact that the MS is now homelinked affecting the normal remotes openers? Surprisingly...all three won't open or close the door
    any suggestions would be appreciated.
    thanks
    fred z:scared:

3. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

No it doesn't affect anything. We continue to use the garage remote in our other car, works fine.

4. fred z

fred z Member

Does anyone else have the issue with normal remotes NOT working since the MS has homelink hooked up?
    Appreciate any help,
    thanks
    fred z

5. Scott

Scott Member

Have you tried resetting the computer, holding down the two thumb dials on your steering wheel? That generally is the default fix-all.

6. Crispix

Crispix Member

You probably accidentally wiped and reset the main unit by holding down the learn button too long (it just needs a quick press to go into learn mode). You might need to pair the remotes again.

7. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

I think Crispix hit it right on the head. I recommend re-pairing the hand held remotes.

8. UberEV1

UberEV1 Member

Agree with Crispix as well. Went through a similar issue a few months ago when purchasing a keypad garage door opener. Check the manufacturer of the garage door opener and the color of the reset button (different colors denote different signal encoding types), then just use Google to find the correct programming procedure. Once you have that, it takes only a minute or two to reprogram each remote.

9. brkaus

brkaus Member

I would also add that the garage doors have limited memory. They will hold 5-6 remotes, at which point when you add another one the first one programmed will be dropped.