Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garage Show Off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen some good looking garages with PWs, GW 1/2s etc. Clean and effort put into hiding conduits and other not so pretty stuff outside.

How about a thread showing off your garage for inspiration for those looking for layout design!

Show off!!

I just had to google Marie Kondo. lol. I'm the same way. I've always thought of a garage as functional and little mess is "normal". The wife does not agree and wants everything spotless which may not be practical for some of us. However with fancy solar and Tesla gadgets in play, I can see how that would be a little motivation to keep it clean and organized.

Thinking about stacking 2 PWs. One above and one below to reduce the overall footprint. I read this may be expandable too that it can doublestack so you can add 2 more later within the same foot print. I checked my order and GW 2 coming as well. Now just have to get the inverter and all the other ugly stuff outside.

Interesting that they don't want to double wide stack anymore. I assumed smarter than I Telsa engineers would be solving for that. I googled and saw that PW1 = 214 lbs and PW2 = 251.3 lbs. I've seen shelf brackets that will support 500lbs assuming it goes into solid wall/studs. x 2 PW2 = ~500 .. maybe there were Tesla mounts that would allow it to safely sandwich two units together reliably into a single unit. Maybe they stopped the double stack because of the increase in PW2 weight. Who knows... maybe Telsa would.

Do you have a pic of your setup?

As the weight gets higher on the wall the siesmic forces become larger. All these forces concentrated on 2 framing members is a recipe for failure imo.

Likely this is the reason, not that a 500 lb shelf isn't available. In addition a powerwall double stacked vertically is difficult to reset, you need a ladder to access the switch.

Interesting that they don't want to double wide stack anymore.

You can stack up to three powerwalls together, as long as they are sitting on the ground. Vines reply was to someone who wanted to stack them vertically, which is not allowed. It’s also not allowed to stack powerwalls if they aren’t sitting on the ground. You can hang one powerwall on the wall, but not a stack.

You can stack up to three powerwalls together, as long as they are sitting on the ground. Vines reply was to someone who wanted to stack them vertically, which is not allowed. It’s also not allowed to stack powerwalls if they aren’t sitting on the ground. You can hang one powerwall on the wall, but not a stack.
When you stack three together, which is my goal, is one attached to the wall with the others piggy-backed to it or are all three in a floor stand of some sort?

Here you go. While the garage is not spotless, the install and customization is rather clean. :)

custom Tesla.jpg

Reactions: All In and JayClark
So, do you get a choice on where to put the Powerwalls? Or is it based on where your panel is? What if the power panel isn't even in the garage?
Cannot say for sure how much they can offset the PW and equipment as I wanted it there, right behind the the main panel outside, clean.
Was surprised they were able to pull all the heavy gauge wire through a short coupler, perhaps 2" to 3" dia?

My son's setup if he continues with the solar project, is not that simple. Meter and old panel is on a living space wall and garage is a good clip away. Outside by meter would be brutal sun impact on batteries and panels in AZ.

I suggest a conversation with the Tesla design team there for placement. I wouldn't think long distance runs affect the efficiency, but may increase your install cost given the additional effort and material used for long runs.

Hey @charlesj - that's a cool little touch with the red "T"
Thanks. Yes, a last minute change from it being just a door guard bumper for my car as I had that short piece left over.
Had a hard time finding that molding though. Sold by the foot, just what I wanted.