TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Garbage cans now appear on the visualization

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by MrFusion, Dec 30, 2019.

1. MrFusion

MrFusion Member

Just noticed that garbage cans on the side of the street now appear on the visualization.

2. Watts_Up

Watts_Up Active Member

But not in Europe, it has been made illegal for some reason by technocrates?

See the following video at 5:35 Americans LOVE this update, Europeans HATE the update

3. masayako

masayako Member

HAHA, I saw that too. It's funny. However, the parked vehicles next to them are not showing up as cars though.

4. mal_tsla

mal_tsla Member

But not parked cars...makes no sense.

5. themillaz

themillaz Member

We were trying to figure that one out--I get the cones and assume that due to a lot of negative Tesla-cone interactions that became a FSD necessity; but garbage cans? Have Teslas on autopilot really had that many run-ins with garbage cans? I feel like there's something I'm missing.

6. MrFusion

MrFusion Member

It makes sense to me because if the car just followed the lines on my street on garbage day there might be some close calls since the cans are in front of every house at varying distances from the curb.