Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gardening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0195.JPG

I forgot about the bananas. Picked them last week--almost ready to eat!

... I'm not sure its identity, but the capsaicin content is pretty potent, much more than a typical jalapeno though less than a habanero. They're also the most pungent peppers I've ever eaten, so these are my favorite.
View attachment 93988
These appear to be a version called "dedo de moça" in Brazil. biological name capsicum baccatum. They grow in widely different sizes and shapes.
Ours are going out of season, but we still have a few. Normally here they are in greatest profusion in our fall and it is now late winter.
IMG_1003.JPG
IMG_1003.JPG

These are green ones in my garden right now. Three weeks ago there was a vast profusion.

Reactions: Canuck
I have read where some of y'all are amateur apiarists. I admire and envy your hobby! ... Not sure why it happened. Hope to see others' bounties from your homes in different parts of the world!
Thanks for the thread! I have some contributions form Rio de Janeiro.

Reactions: cpa
Here is one of my all time favorites.
It is named curupita in Portuguese cannon ball tree in English. When it flowers, as you see, the flowers emerge from the trunk. In public spaces there are quite a few in Brazil from the North to as far south as Rio de Janeiro, creating delightful ambience. This one is near our house. We have two, but they are still small and not so prolific as this one.
IMG_0265.JPG

Reactions: Canuck
Beautiful flowers. You should put your location in your profile so it shows up beside your posts. I wondered where you could grow Orchid's outside until I saw your post above. Those are my wife's favourite but we can only grow them on window sills indoors here.
OK, then there is this one:
IMG_1012.JPG

This is Mascagnia Iliacina, called Lavender orchid vine in English. It is native to the Americas from Southern Mexico to South Central Brazil. This one we planted about ten years ago. It keeps growing. There is another one about three times this size. couple blocks away. Around this time of year they bloom. From a distance they look almost like clouds. They have no relationship to true orchids but I really love this one.