Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gas is expensive!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Johan

Ex got M3 in the divorce, waiting for EU Model Y!
Feb 9, 2012
Drammen, Norway
I had to fill up the old gasser today for tve first time in 6 months. It's a very nice Volvo V70 2.4 liter diesel that I will sell when tve X comes.

I almost had a shock at the pump. I haven't been following the price developments for petrol and diesel.

upe3a2us.jpg

800 NOK = $127

60 liters = 15.85 US gallons

I had to fill up the old gasser today for tve first time in 6 months. It's a very nice Volvo V70 2.4 liter diesel that I will sell when tve X comes.

I almost had a shock at the pump. I haven't been following the price developments for petrol and diesel.

upe3a2us.jpg

800 NOK = $127

60 liters = 15.85 US gallons

...and people wonder why Model S is so popular in Norway...

Yeah...you shouldn't do that:

Gas is expensive!

...Cuz it's really expensive when you put gas in a diesel Volvo.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

People here in California complain how expensive gasoline is. It's about $4.10 per gallon right now. That's $1.05 per liter. In other states it's even less. Still it is much cheaper to drive electric. I pay $0.095 per kWh. That's $3.42 per 100 miles vs $17 per 100 miles on a comparable ICE car. That is 5 times more expensive. Since I drive about 5k miles a month and a lot of it is using Superchargers my average cost is a lot lower.

That's at $7.25 per US gallon. Expensive even by Alaskan standards, although in real Bush villages diesel gets up to $10/gallon. Of course, in Bush villages all you can do is drive up and down the one or two roads in town, as that's all there is.