TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Gas is expensive!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Johan, Aug 5, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Johan

Johan Funds for M3 secured. Contingent on wife aproval.

I had to fill up the old gasser today for tve first time in 6 months. It's a very nice Volvo V70 2.4 liter diesel that I will sell when tve X comes.

I almost had a shock at the pump. I haven't been following the price developments for petrol and diesel.

upe3a2us.jpg

800 NOK = $127

60 liters = 15.85 US gallons

2. JPP

JPP Active Member

...and people wonder why Model S is so popular in Norway...

3. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

Yeah...you shouldn't do that:

Gas is expensive!

...Cuz it's really expensive when you put gas in a diesel Volvo.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

4. chickensevil

chickensevil Active Member

Yeouch! That is 8$ a gallon!

5. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Here in Ontario, Canada the price was recently $1.40 / litre for Regular (it's "down" to about $1.35 now). That is $5.30 per US gallon.

6. David99

David99 Active Member

People here in California complain how expensive gasoline is. It's about $4.10 per gallon right now. That's $1.05 per liter. In other states it's even less. Still it is much cheaper to drive electric. I pay $0.095 per kWh. That's $3.42 per 100 miles vs $17 per 100 miles on a comparable ICE car. That is 5 times more expensive. Since I drive about 5k miles a month and a lot of it is using Superchargers my average cost is a lot lower.

7. Johan

Amen brother. Been there, done that.

A mistake I hope I never have to make again

8. Johan

Time to fill up the ol' guzzler again...
    7d3794bf04640c526db7ba3665ecbf49.jpg

9. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

That's at $7.25 per US gallon. Expensive even by Alaskan standards, although in real Bush villages diesel gets up to $10/gallon. Of course, in Bush villages all you can do is drive up and down the one or two roads in town, as that's all there is.