Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gas nozzles are starting to gross me out!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never really thought about it before getting a Tesla. But lately, everyone is telling me how much they hate touching gas nozzles. A lot of my friends have told me that they are concerned that the hundreds of folks handling the gas nozzles at the local gas station may not all have washed their hands after performing personal tasks.

So the other day, I had to use my wife's SUV to haul a queen sized mattress for my parents and I was forced to make a pit stop at the gas station. All I could think about is how gross the gas nozzles are and what's that gas fume smell. This ain't normal folks.

I was "grossed out" last night filling my wife's ICE. The auto-shutoff didn't work and I had gas all over the side of the car, the wheels and tires and my shoes! I had to ride home with the windows down to keep the stink of gas at a tolerable level. Fortunately, she only needs gas about every two weeks. I sure don't miss filling my car every four days like I used to have to!