TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Gas nozzles are starting to gross me out!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by holstein13, Aug 31, 2013.

1. holstein13

holstein13 Member

I never really thought about it before getting a Tesla. But lately, everyone is telling me how much they hate touching gas nozzles. A lot of my friends have told me that they are concerned that the hundreds of folks handling the gas nozzles at the local gas station may not all have washed their hands after performing personal tasks.

So the other day, I had to use my wife's SUV to haul a queen sized mattress for my parents and I was forced to make a pit stop at the gas station. All I could think about is how gross the gas nozzles are and what's that gas fume smell. This ain't normal folks.

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

3. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Well, hopefully, EV owners who handle public charging station or Supercharger plugs have better personal hygiene ;)

4. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

Or carry a bottle of hand sanitizer.

5. MarkR

MarkR Member

Yeah . . . Gas nozzles are disgusting! It also grosses me out to sit at a stoplight and recognize that all of the vehicles around me are pumping poison out of their tailpipes while they aren't even moving!

6. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I was "grossed out" last night filling my wife's ICE. The auto-shutoff didn't work and I had gas all over the side of the car, the wheels and tires and my shoes! I had to ride home with the windows down to keep the stink of gas at a tolerable level. Fortunately, she only needs gas about every two weeks. I sure don't miss filling my car every four days like I used to have to!