Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gas paddle [Correction: accelerator pedal]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i have driven VW golf for the past 8 years. Just bought model 3. Even though the driving is great, the gas paddle of model 3 feels uncontrollable. I don’t know what it is. But I just felt that my foot will slip aside if I am not holding my foot at a certain angle.

Anyone feels the same way at the beginning?

i have driven VW golf for the past 8 years. Just bought model 3. Even though the driving is great, the gas paddle of model 3 feels uncontrollable. I don’t know what it is. But I just felt that my foot will slip aside if I am not holding my foot at a certain angle.

Anyone feels the same way at the beginning?
I know the issue...it doesn’t have a gas peddle

You'll get used to it. All cars take some getting used to in that regard, especially EV's, if this is your first one. FWIW I've always found VW gas pedals to be the strangest, hardest to get used to ones of the many cars I've driven.

No issues with these as they grip pretty good, maybe change out your shoes for better grip.

220163E8-21D8-4914-9BCA-9D5C843B0D42.jpeg

Reactions: ModelNforNerd
I had to drive bare footed for a week till I used to the feel. It just felt weird. I have an old S.
I also had to sit on left leg. I've always been a two footed drivers. It kept beeping at me cause I had both pedals pressed.
It still beeps at me.

I never understood drivers who use both feet to drive. If your brake pedal is depressed, it causes your brake lights to illuminate which could potentially make it more dangerous for you if the person behind never knows when you are actually braking.