Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gas prices going up and up and up, my Model 3 cannot come soon enough!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am noticing long lines of cars (I don't understand people waiting like 10 minutes just to put gas that's like 10c/g cheaper) at these two cheaper gas stations around my area. I haven't seen that in couple of years. This means gas prices are getting up there. EVs should become more attractive I am happy at least one vehicle in my household will be a Model 3 in the very near future.

Just in time for Ford to announce ceasing most car manufacturing!
Just sedans. Obviously, today nobody cares about the cost of gas.
Ford will hedge against risk of rising pump prices by spending $11 billion to bring out 40 electrified vehicles by 2022. Among those will be 16 battery-only models, including the Mach 1, a high-performance electric SUV coming in 2020.
That's a lot of electric vehicles though, I doubt Tesla can catch up with that...

It is interesting to me how the same people that bring up the complaint that it takes 20 minutes to charge up at a Supercharger and only 5 minutes at a gas pump, are the same ones waiting 30 minutes in line at the Costco pump to save 10¢ a gallon.

No matter how you look at it, people are often willing to wait a bit if it reduces their costs.

On the other hand, people also settle for lousy and un-healthy fast food to save a few minutes.

It is interesting to me how the same people that bring up the complaint that it takes 20 minutes to charge up at a Supercharger and only 5 minutes at a gas pump, are the same ones waiting 30 minutes in line at the Costco pump to save 10¢ a gallon

More like .30 a gallon for premium where I am. Three of our four cars have high compression engines that call for premium fuel. 30 gallons a week combined works out to savings of over $350 a year. Not chump change.

Pretty hard to raise electric rates when you've got solar.

Is your solar grid tied? If so they are already looking at raising your rates by trying to roll back net metering and increasing the fees to be grid tied at all.

Reactions: adaptabl
It is interesting to me how the same people that bring up the complaint that it takes 20 minutes to charge up at a Supercharger and only 5 minutes at a gas pump, are the same ones waiting 30 minutes in line at the Costco pump to save 10¢ a gallon.

No matter how you look at it, people are often willing to wait a bit if it reduces their costs.

On the other hand, people also settle for lousy and un-healthy fast food to save a few minutes.
Just back from the fountain valley supercharger (S loaner).. 30 kWh supercharging... 8:30 pm on a week night.

Trust me I never waited that long at the Costco pump.