Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gateway password change doesn't stick

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been trying to change the password on my Backup Gateway's web interface (installed along with PW2 last week) to something other than the last 5 characters of the default password.

The web interface claims the password has been changed, but after a day or so it reverts back to the default.

GW firmware is 21.20.7.

Steve

@KHYE is there any keywords you said to them to help with the problem? Tier 1 support is horrendously bad in my experience in terms of understanding what's the actual problem is, so I would appreciate if you give me any cues on how to tell them the exact steps they need to do to remediate the problem. This is a simple password change, how Tesla can be that bad in it (rhetorical question at this point) ;) .

@KHYE is there any keywords you said to them to help with the problem? Tier 1 support is horrendously bad in my experience in terms of understanding what's the actual problem is, so I would appreciate if you give me any cues on how to tell them the exact steps they need to do to remediate the problem. This is a simple password change, how Tesla can be that bad in it (rhetorical question at this point) ;) .
No open sesame.

If you have called them enough time, you know their advisor/support person's quality and helpfulness vary greatly. You need to keep calling back till one will listen to your needs and get it done.The one I called, opened the ticket for me and raised ticket for level 2. Told me 14 days SLA and never heard back. But I tested after that, it seems to work.

I changed the password on my GW2 when it was installed last November and the changed password continues to work and has not been reset. Several firmware updates have occurred since installation.
EDIT: Specifically, this is when logging in to the GW2 over the hardwired or wifi connection to my home network, not the GW2's own SSID which I have not used since installation.

I actually called Tesla support today for this very issue. Can confirm support is horrendous. She just wouldn’t listen to me and kept say someone must be logging in and changing your password. I only figured out today it was reverting to the last 5 dig of sticker pw. I’ll keep calling until I get someone decent.

I actually called Tesla support today for this very issue. Can confirm support is horrendous. She just wouldn’t listen to me and kept say someone must be logging in and changing your password. I only figured out today it was reverting to the last 5 dig of sticker pw. I’ll keep calling until I get someone decent.