Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gateway Website PowerWall Reading off by 4%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a program polling the local API to grab the power meters, SOE, and a few other statistics to display in a Grafana dashboard. After applying the linear correction from @BJReplay and @power.saver above, I'm happy to report that the values in that dashboard finally match up with the values displayed in the Tesla app. Good enough for me.

Thanks,

Bruce.

I have a program polling the local API to grab the power meters, SOE, and a few other statistics to display in a Grafana dashboard. After applying the linear correction from @BJReplay and @power.saver above, I'm happy to report that the values in that dashboard finally match up with the values displayed in the Tesla app. Good enough for me.

Thanks,

Bruce.
Can you share your dashboard setup? Would like to have this too :)

Can you share your dashboard setup? Would like to have this too :)
The data collector is in bmah888/gotesla

I don't have the grafana dashboard definition there, but I can put it up if there's interest.

When I looked at some other setups (maybe from the thread cited above) I think some of them are more turnkey than what I've put together. My setup is definitely not "plug 'n' play". I did mine mostly as a coding exercise.

Bruce.

Reactions: kairojya
Thanks for the info, I am looking to set this up on my iMac. I have and use brew so pulled down a few of the requirements (influxdb, telegraf, grafana) but this is all new to me. When I run influxd I get "500 Internal Server Error" when trying to load http://localhost:8086
I need a more step by step guide. What do you all suggest as a good place to start?

We have a new install (16.3kWh PV an 3 PowerWalls) but the difference is much greater. TEG shows Backup Reserve at 71.5% whereas the app shows 98%. Anyone else seeing this discrepancy?

54981A9F-5E5C-4137-A21B-C302EF1EE9F8.jpeg

Attachments

• C3449AD5-0F36-4A4E-81D7-A8581A9363EA.jpeg
    C3449AD5-0F36-4A4E-81D7-A8581A9363EA.jpeg
    626.4 KB · Views: 32
We have a new install (16.3kWh PV an 3 PowerWalls) but the difference is much greater. TEG shows Backup Reserve at 71.5% whereas the app shows 98%. Anyone else seeing this discrepancy?

View attachment 688239
The 98% shown on the app home screen is the current state of charge (SOC) not the reserve. If you go into Customize, you will be able to see and set the backup reserve.

Reactions: Yubakram