Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gatwick Parking for Two Weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just spoke to Gatwick parking on the phone who said they have Pod Points at the Valet Level and you can leave your car on charge and they'll move it for you once it's charged.... Seems backwards, better to charge before you pick it up?! Anyway, has anyone had any experience of this? They use Pod Point and it only shows 4 charge points, on level 2, all in use! Their website says there should also be points on level 1 but Pod Point map doesn't have those.
Also saw the link for Tudor Rose in theis thread, has anyone used it?

Self Update!
Just spoke to Gatwick again, spoke to a more helpful assistant, as the pod points were showing constantly full which seemed strange to me!
So, apparently in the Valet section of the Car Park (In South that's level 2), they have 4x7kW Pod Points, when you drop your car off they make a note of your charging request and put the car on charge before your return so it is charged when you pick it up.
I've made a booking for early April, so I'll report back.

• Informative
Reactions: Neilio and arg
The Gatwick official meet and greet will plug the car in for you and charge it for free. They plug the car in the night before you are due to arrive back. No extra charge but you do need to sign a disclosure giving them permission to plug the car in

Self Update!
Just spoke to Gatwick again, spoke to a more helpful assistant, as the pod points were showing constantly full which seemed strange to me!
So, apparently in the Valet section of the Car Park (In South that's level 2), they have 4x7kW Pod Points, when you drop your car off they make a note of your charging request and put the car on charge before your return so it is charged when you pick it up.
I've made a booking for early April, so I'll report back.

So what was the verdict?

Any updates or recent Gatwick experiences?
We've just had a Peugeot 3008 lease delivery delayed so now the Model 3 is going to be taking us to Gatwick and spending 2 weeks there so need to sort a parking solution out in the next day or so.
Not too worried as I know I can turn sentry off, app access etc off but keen to understand options.

Thanks @darkNstormy

I’ve not been able to figure out how often tesla remote polls the car. Would prefer not to change password so is the best bet to simply set car to low power mode? Also I set up teslafi and remote using tokens I generated so if I changed the password would the apps stop working or do I need to revoke somehow?

I’m going to max charge it overnight in redhill Sainsburys car park (free pod point) then it should be more than fine for two weeks in the car park, there’s always pod point for a quick boost when we get back in the short stay car park