Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gauging interest in my CPO 2014 Model S 60 in Durham, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the invite for the model 3 and I am sorely tempted to sell my beautiful Tesla. I would love to sell the car to another enthusiast if possible instead of tossing it back to Tesla on trade in. I have had the car for just over 6 months and it came with the 2 year up to 100K miles CPO warranty. I have the title in hand so transfer should be pretty darn easy.

2014 Model S60
59,xxx miles (my daily driver so will go up slightly every day)
Dark Blue Metallic
Tan Interior with Glossy Obeche Wood
Rear Wheel Drive
19" Wheels
Tech Package
Parking Sensors
Matching Yacht Floor
Panoramic Roof
Free Supercharging for Life

This is the model with the big frunk and I obviously have all the accouterments that came with the car like charging cables, adapters, and both keys. This car is a 2014 before autopilot was available but did get to have the parking sensors. The car has been garaged every night and has been well taken care of by both me and Tesla.

Had to take the pics in the garage as it has been raining all day, let me know if there are any other shots you are interested in. I did get a brand new steering wheel of the new style as the one I got from Tesla when I bought the CPO was a little dinged up. Kinda stupid to say but it is one of my favorite things about the car.

As for price I am not too sure as the cheapest CPO I am seeing right now on ev-cpo.com is $46,600 but it has the longer warranty and less miles. I am not seeing any similar cars listed there and there is a pretty big value on still having 3/4 of the bumper to bumper coverage still active. Kelley Blue Book is showing a private party value of $45,281 with a range of $42,347-$48,214. I would think the $45,281 is a bit high given the CPO car listed at $46,600. so maybe something like $44,500? That is $2100 below the cheapest CPO car I am seeing right now. If that's crazy let me know, part of this for me is to gauge the value with the community. :)

20180204_143710.jpg 20180204_143722.jpg 20180204_143735.jpg 20180204_143833.jpg 20180204_143802.jpg 20180204_143749.jpg 20180204_144033.jpg

Attachments

• 20180204_143710.jpg
    20180204_143710.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 139
If that's crazy let me know, part of this for me is to gauge the value with the community. :)

Letting you know. Only bc you asked....good luck with the sale! CPO 85’s with more options are going for considerably less. Maybe prices have gone up, but 6 months ago a car just like this (Vin ending in P28451) sold CPO from Tesla for $43,5 with 50k miles.

From what I’ve read, they’ll likely give you $10k less than what you see comparable ones sell for on the site. As such, you’ll probably trade in for $35,000 or so. If you’re eager to sell, eBay can get it done without much issue. I think you’ll snag $39-42k on there easily.

There's a Model S 60 on CPO right now for 39,2. with pretty much your features and 2k less miles (negligible) 2013. P09346
Used Inventory | Tesla

To me, I'd buy a 60 if it was either very floor of 30s or high 20s if no warranty, and I'm actively looking. But even at 39,2 it's a few grand more to find a CPO 85 battery. And even sometimes 85s are in the $30s. Anything in the mid 40s and I'd rather splurge for a 60 with AP that have been on the CPO list in the high 40s.

My two cents as an active looker, is all.

From what I’ve read, they’ll likely give you $10k less than what you see comparable ones sell for on the site. As such, you’ll probably trade in for $35,000 or so. If you’re eager to sell, eBay can get it done without much issue. I think you’ll snag $39-42k on there easily.
Ebay has hefty fees and is quite annoying. Might be just easier to trade in, though I think you'll get closer to 30,000$ since tesla takes 25%.

• Helpful
Reactions: DurandalAI
A very similar car has been posted on the CPO site 60 kWh Model S 5YJSA1CGXDFP11393 | Tesla with just a bit more miles and priced at $45,800 + transport. Differences are the Tesla listed car has air suspension and mine does not but mine has the parking sensors and the linked one does not (a much better option in my opinion). Also mine is a '14 and this is a '13. The next cheapest listed car is ~47k.

My car is now at ~60,3XX miles and has 17 months of CPO warranty left. If we call the price $43,800 it is a $2K savings from Tesla CPO linked above and $4K off if you are relatively near me as you would have to pay for shipping from Tesla. Also my car was a Florida car originally and the linked one is a Chicago car so likely a generally healthier car (though to be fair Tesla does an awesome job of cleaning up CPOs). I feel like that is a pretty good discount versus the similar options available.

Last edited:
Car looks great.
How many miles on a range charge?
Have you researched the required parts for adding the rear facing seats? I understand there could or could not be bumper reinforcements installed at the factory.

I’d be driving over with a check if your car had the third row! (I’m local)