TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Gauging interest in Tesla inspired shirt/designs

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by clmason, Apr 5, 2014.

1. clmason

clmason Member

Hello All

I am seeking your feedback and level of interest for Tesla inspired designs I have been developing. The design below would be printed on T-shirt with the design drawing upon inspiration of the model s turbine wheel.

The shirt would be very high quality:
    • 100% SKAL certified organic ring-spun cotton
    • Made int he USA in a fair labor factory
    • Printed without the use of plastic
    • Dyed with low-impact dyes (no heavy metals)
    Basically they are the best quality and most ethically manufactured T-shirt you can get. They are super soft and comfortable and will likely be your new favorite t-shirt.

I ask if you like the design (although it is still being modified) and the prospect of such a shirt, please leave feedback below. If response is positive I will proceed with my project and of other tesla inspired merchandise.

imagejpg1_zps10fbe88c.jpg

2. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Very cool! I'm interested for sure.

I guess you are staying away from the Tesla logo, etc. for trademark/copyright reasons?!

Any chance you can get the car's distinctive cat-eye DRLs into your designs?! That's the single most distinguishing and identifiable aspect of the car IMO.

3. clmason

clmason Member

Great! Thanks.

Correct, unless I get a licensing deal.

I will add to my list, good idea!

4. clmason

clmason Member

Sorry to bump, seeking any other feedback from those who may be interested.

5. spentan

spentan Active Member

In for a shirt that's 3xlt or 4xlt (I'm 6ft9in and 400lbs so big size is necessary)

6. DieAbetic

DieAbetic Member

Cool shirt! I want one.

7. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Please don't. It's not good forum etiquette.

8. Ufrugger

Ufrugger Member

would definitely have an interest. I second the potential use of the headlights and perhaps a soft side profile/silhouette.

9. clmason

clmason Member

Sorry for breaking forum etiquette, Nigel.

Thanks for replying to those who have an interest. I'm going to finish the design and do a print run. I'll let you know when they are ready for ordering. Any others with interest, please reply to thread with feedback. Thanks!

10. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

I second interest in this concept.

11. Socal-P85+

Socal-P85+ Member

I'm interested. Would need 2x size. When will you have them available and what is the cost?

12. breathe

breathe Member

I am very interested in Tesla shirts and jackets. While I think the car is wonderfully styled by a top auto designer, I do not think that the clothes they are offering are wonderfully styled by a top clothing designer.

The shirt pictured above would be a little bit too cryptic for me to wear. While I do want to promote Tesla, I don't want to answer too many "What is it?" questions.

Elon Musk said that he wanted Mattel to do a Model S "Hotwheels" car. My guess is that Mattel wouldn't pay anything for that.

If this were my company I would want my logo out there in as positive way as possible and that would include shirts from designers like you.

I can't tell you to use Tesla's Logo without permission, but my guess is that Tesla Motors would be delighted to have as many talented designers putting their logos on shirts in a good way as possible.

13. breathe

breathe Member

On second thought I'll take a shirt. If I support you with this shirt, I might like your next one even more. Private message me or post a link to where to buy it.