Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GAUS 10K or 10K GAUS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
J

jbcarioca

It seems there must be Tesla plates with this arcane reference in most jurisdictions that allow personalised plates.

One of us has just suggested that we are probably all fairly nerdy people with some pretensions towards magnetic flux density measurement. At least the pretension part may be correct.

Anyway, it seemed that we might actually find each other and perhaps even have a meetup.

At a minimum we might confuse the local constabulary wherever we are.

If you're so inclined please post here.

I have posted only in Model S, but hopefully Roadster, Model X and Model 3 owners will respond too. I did not want to clutter up with multiple posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
JB, I guess it depends upon your definition of nerdy. Your personalized plates have absolutely no meaning to me.

On the other hand, had I wanted personalized plates, I might have opted for something more in tune with my line of work! Perhaps something like 754ELEC. Maybe not Gaus nerdy, but nerdy nonetheless!

:)

JB, I guess it depends upon your definition of nerdy. Your personalized plates have absolutely no meaning to me.

On the other hand, had I wanted personalized plates, I might have opted for something more in tune with my line of work! Perhaps something like 754ELEC. Maybe not Gaus nerdy, but nerdy nonetheless!

:)
No question about it. Skipping all the really arcane stuff:
https://www.translatorscafe.com/unit-converter/en/magnetic-flux-density/1-8/tesla-gauss/
Really one Tesla = 10,000 Gauss is a trifle antiquated, but that’s the one numerical definition of One Tesla that fits on a license plate.

Frankly the only people who recognize it tend to be electrical engineers, physicists and fans of Lorenz.