Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GDT: Inclusion Buying Indicators

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TheTalkingMule

Distributed Energy Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
I've always liked discussion forums that put major events in "gameday threads" to isolate them from the normal chatter. Having one massive "Battery Day 2019" or "3Q18 Earnings Call" thread would be a great way to keep things a little more on-topic and organized around here.

In that spirit, this thread should be used to highlight any change you see over the next 7 trading days that might help TMC members gain clarity on how inclusion buying is progressing in the sider market. We've talked at length about how this buying might occur, lets keep track of clear indications of what has definitely happening along with the conclusions we can draw from them.

Try to limit the chit-chat, and simply post an observation you're fairly sure has value or refute/reinforce one that's already been posted. No speculation, no conversation, just observed facts.

To start things off, I think the very best link that's been shared this week was to State Street's SPDR S&P500 ETF tracking spreadsheet that lists the daily holdings of the largest S&P500 indexed ETF. MASSIVE value to us obviously as we follow along this week and watch for buying. At the time of this post there was no TSLA listed(effective end of trading 12/14). If we wake up Friday and this spreadsheet shows significant TSLA through Thursday trading, that certainly tells us a lot about how much buying still needs to happen at close Friday. Am I wrong?

Some might feel it's counter-productive to share info openly while we each try to make money as individuals investing in TSLA short and long term. My opinion is there are far more massive hedge funds working "against us", so it's net logical to share info here when we can. Clearly the wider market is not listening, so why not keep each other informed where possible on events like these? Just my opinion, feel free to DM me if you feel strongly otherwise.

Cheers to all the longs this holiday season and happy Inclusion Eve Eve Eve Eve!

Less factual, but a trigger I'm looking for tomorrow (Wednesday) is evidence of increased volume on a rising share price. Volume has been anemic, so my thinking is that increased volume and rising share price is a different indicator that at least some of the index funds are starting to enter the market.

And lack of that volume is an indicator that the index funds believe, to a greater or lesser degree, that they can acquire what they need using market close orders on Friday. At least enough at end of day Friday to enable them to hold off buying tomorrow.