Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GE Wattstation at Alamo Drafthouse in Ashburn VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scaesare

Mar 14, 2013
NoVA
Went to the new Alamo Drafthouse Cinema in Ashburn at the ONE Loudoun center off Loudoun County PArkway this evening. Wife and I noticed a GE Wattstation at one of the parking spaces in front. Unfortunately the spaces don't seem to be marked as reserved for EV's.

It appeared to not be working as of yet, but I've never used one and am not sure if they remain dark until you place your card on it? (From a quick web glance it appears that's how they work?). We were running late on the way in, and it was raining on the way out, so I didn't twiddle long.

Neither Recargo nor Plugshare had it listed, so I entered on both as not yet operational. The http://www.gewattstation.com site doesn't list it either... as a matter of fact they don't seem to list but 1 within a couple hundred miles of me...

Are all GE Wattstations part of a single network that you join and use from that? Or can they be operated independently by the business they are installed at?

Hope this helps future folks looking for a juice-up...

Thanks for the info! Great to see 2 EV stations pop up literally in the past week within 10 minutes from my house. Not really useful for me but great to see the direction LoCo is moving in.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Went to the new Alamo Drafthouse Cinema in Ashburn at the ONE Loudoun center off Loudoun County PArkway this evening. Wife and I noticed a GE Wattstation at one of the parking spaces in front. Unfortunately the spaces don't seem to be marked as reserved for EV's.

It appeared to not be working as of yet, but I've never used one and am not sure if they remain dark until you place your card on it? (From a quick web glance it appears that's how they work?). We were running late on the way in, and it was raining on the way out, so I didn't twiddle long.

Neither Recargo nor Plugshare had it listed, so I entered on both as not yet operational. The http://www.gewattstation.com site doesn't list it either... as a matter of fact they don't seem to list but 1 within a couple hundred miles of me...

Are all GE Wattstations part of a single network that you join and use from that? Or can they be operated independently by the business they are installed at?

Hope this helps future folks looking for a juice-up...

They're independent by business. The only other one I know if is @ Stone's Cove Kitbar in Herndon. That one is completely free ...

Charged at the Alamo yesterday, it is free, but requires a GE watt station account which you can sign up for at WattStationâ„¢ Connect
Once signed up, download the app to iPhone or Android and you just scan the code on the charger with your phone to start charging. 30 amp, got 16 miles of range per hour.
There are 2 chargers located in different areas, each charger has 2 parking spaces that could access. Unfortunately there is still no signage so ICEing is likely especially during evening hours when it is more crowded.

I just noticed these chargers last week. They were ice'd when I went. I sent an e-mail and received a reply.

Thanks for your email. Yes, we currently have 2 electric car chargers at One Loudoun and are working to get signs up asap. They were ordered and should be installed soon. Thanks for your patience!

Julie Miner Dillon
Director of Marketing I One Loudoun

Miller and Smith
8401 Greensboro Drive, Suite 450
McLean, Virginia 22102
O:703.821.2500, Ext. 190
C: 813.480.7239

Cool stuff about them being online and the signage... thanks for the additional updates.

I live only about 10 mins from there, so I doubt I'd ever use them... but nice to see new retail developments including them in their planning...

As a follow up, went to the draft house and they now have EV only signage at both chargers. Glad to see they put that in place.
alamosign.JPG
alamotesla.JPG