Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Geen Firmware 6.0 maar 5.9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mijn bevindingen met 5.9:
- Auto low stand: auto lijkt strakker de bocht te pakken, verder niet heel veel verschil gemerkt.
Verrassend dat de auto bij parkeren (p) automatisch op low gaat, moet nog proberen met High te parkeren (stoepjes en zo).
- Rdio: geluidskwaliteit goed (met kwaliteits setting op Best). Albums luisteren was een vreemde ervaring, de 'stations' die een album voor moeten stellen draaien van alles, ook van andere artiesten. Denk dat ik het bij Spotify hou voorlopig.
- Typical range formule aanpassing zou voor realistischer bereik opgave moeten zorgen. Max range, nu 405 typical, was 395. Leuk maar ik rij er geen km verder mee.
- km teller gaat nu tot 260
- hill hold werkt prima ook bij lichte helling
- Geluid sound studio klinkt minder schel.

Al met al leuke update!

My standard charge (90%) has been very stable at 338km typical. After getting 5.9 yesterday, this morning a standard charge apparently now results in 358km typical.

Yesterday evening I drove to Dusseldorf airport and back, after a day of running around. I had to do a charge when I got home to make sure that I had enough range to do the airport run (happy I have dual chargers and a 22kW charge point!). However 30 mins after plugging in I remembered that I'd not taken the car off scheduled charging. So when I left for the airport I only had 240km typical to drive 200km.

I therefore drove most of the way to the airport at 105 and most of the way back at 120. I arrived home with 40km range and an average power consumption of 203Wh/km. My conclusion then is that there's not a lot changed with the power consumption side of the typical range calculation. Thus, perhaps the new standard charge figure of 358 is 'real'. Next weekend we're off to Cambridge for a couple of days, so I'll get a chance to test it as it's 365km from here to the first Ecotricity charge point in Kent.

Regarding Rdio, it indeed doesn't work as I expect. Voice recognition is excellent - at least for a Brit. But if, for example, I ask for "The Chameleons", and select the "Albums" option, it correctly shows the list of Chameleons albums. But if I then select "The Script of the Bridge", I get a radio station built on this selection instead of the album. In fact there's no way I've discovered of listening to an album. I tried Rdio on the iPad, but the same selection there does result in the album being played. Hmmm...

If all Rdio in the MS does is give you access to randomly built playlists then it's not that useful. Playing with it on the way to Dusseldorf, I pretty quickly got sick of the choices that it made based on my initial selection and was hitting the skip-to-next button frequently. Maybe I'm using it wrong? Or maybe one needs a private subscription to do something more than listen to random choices? Anyone onow any better?

Oh yeah, one other observation regarding 5.9: I crossed the border to and from Germany without noticing... In other words, Google map updates worked flawlessly, Rdio carried on playing music flawlessly. Something's changed then, as previously I would lose both maps and music for a while travelling the same route.

Last edited:
Ik lees in de release notes van 5.9 op het US gedeelte van TMC dat je ook de batterij kan voorverwarmen nu! Jammer dat het zomer wordt ;-)

Dat kon al als je climate controle aanzette via App. Tenminste, altijd als ik climate control auto voorverwarmde heb ik nooit de melding gehad dat hij de batterij aan het verwarmen was de eerste 5 minuten en geen piek in vermogen

Ik heb 5.9 sinds vrijdag (helaas moet ik met die van mij wel heel vaak naar de garage) en ben er erg blij mee:

- Rdio - Aanbod in NL is beperkt maar leuke toevoeging
- Nieuw font in dashboard - Erg duidelijk
- Rijhoogte - Ben begonnen met 80 km/u maar nu al op 100 km/u gezet anders merkte ik te vaak dat hij bij ging stellen
- Hill start - Wat ik ook doe ik merk er niks van. Ik ga net zo hard achteruit als voorheen.
- Typical range - Typical geeft nu nog meer aan terwijl ik het al nooit haalde...
- Browser - Stukje sneller en cookies lijken nu goed bewaard te blijven
- Thuis en werk adres - Handige toevoeging!

Dat kon al als je climate controle aanzette via App. Tenminste, altijd als ik climate control auto voorverwarmde heb ik nooit de melding gehad dat hij de batterij aan het verwarmen was de eerste 5 minuten en geen piek in vermogen

Dat id niet mijn ervaring, het scheelt wel als je het laden scheduled om vlak voor je vertrek klaar te zijn, maar als het echt koud is wordt/werd de batterij ook nog tijdens het rijden verwarmt. Ook als je de verwarming tijdens het laden aan had gezet