Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Geico 27% increase after one year. :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have like 900 miles on the S70D and never had a ticket. After they check all that the guy comes back with its not just you. Really? All their CA customers’ rates are going up 27%?

I think I was getting a good rate at $516 for six months, not including the $5 a month charge for you know paying your bill.

I may stay with them as I left Allstate because they wanted $1200 for six months and I can’t get USAA.

I have like 900 miles on the S70D and never had a ticket.
After they check all that the guy comes back with its not just you.
Really? All their CA customers’ rates are going up 27%?

I think I was getting a good rate at $516 for six months, not including the $5 a month charge for you know paying your bill.

I may stay with them as I left Allstate because they wanted $1200 for six months and I can’t get USAA.
I had a very stable rate with 21st for the past 15 years and
I just got a 40% increase, because of California medical increase cost?

21st Century Car Insurance - 40 % Premium increase in California

My geico's 6 months rate went up from $890 to $1500 for two person with two cars. Just the comprehensive coverage($500 deductible) for my tesla 75D went up to $760. I think they probably realized how expensive it is to repair a tesla. I switched to progressive that they tripled my coverage, and the total cost for 6 months is about $710.

624$ a year here in Québec. No accidents but I'm only 32 (driving since 17). Maybe like us certain companies offer rebates for green vehicles? Also, in Québec at least, they ask how much mileage you do per year and I told them 30k per year (which is the reality) so technically my premium should be higher than someone using the car less. Deductibles are 1000$.

EDIT: Also Insurance is mandatory here so that could help explain the lower premiums because people simply do not sue in the event of an accident.

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but I didn't think starting a new one was warranted.

Just wanted to say I dropped Geico after 11 years. They just increased my rate by $450 for 6-months. They've been slowing increasing about $50 every renewal but this is just insane! I didn't have any claims or tickets. They just said medical costs went up so everyone is feeling the hurt. I don't think everyone's insurance went up $450, otherwise, they wouldn't have any customers left to gouge.

I just gave them the middle finger and went to USAA where I got more coverage for the same price I was paying before. They even have a cool coverage that gives you 20% more if your car is totalled. It was $15/month I think.

Anyone else renew with Geico lately?

Reactions: bhzmark
My Geico went up ~ 30% this renewal period. I ended up switch to Ameriprise via Costco, not back to my original rate but now pay 200 less for 6 months (700 Vs 900) in comparison to Geico. 2 cars/2 drivers, no tickets or accidents..100/300/100 K and 1000 deductibles..

This happens with all insurance companies, even more so with a rare vehicle such as a Tesla. They hope most consumers are too lazy to switch and they hope you are too lazy AND rich to switch.

Switch every 1 to 3 years to ensure the best rates. I just switched to Progressive a few months ago.

Geico for my 2014 85 is $570/6 months, with a $500 deductible with $100k property damage and $300k bodily injury (after that the umbrella policy kicks in). I received quotes from Tesla’s preferred insurer (Progressive?) and they were more than double that cost.