Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Geico = gouge-co

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else using GEICO for a new 2021 M3 LR? I figured being long-time accident-free and ticket-free customer, they would have offered a decent rate so I didn't shop around ahead of our delivery tomorrow (to our house no less) Our current and only vehicle is a 2012 Lexus ES and after adding the M3, our rate almost tripled. I though maybe the online quote doo-hickey was busted so called to speak with an agent and got the same answer. Removing the Lexus (after we sell it this week) drops the premium by very little..HFS.. When we asked why, we got "expensive repair and replacement costs". I figured it would be higher but damn...
Is this the same experience for others in Virginia?

Yep. Had geico for my fams previous two vehicles and the quote alone to update one of them to a ME SR+ was about another 1k for 6 months. Promptly kicked them to the curb and haven’t looked back. Shifted to progressive and saved a *sugar*-ton.

also: I’m in the northern VA area as well.

• Informative
Reactions: JackLuminous
Interesting... I've been using Geico here in NY state for years. The M3 LR AWD only raised my 6 month premium by $100. I don't *think* our rates are high normally, I did a lot of comparison shopping years ago and found Geico to be the cheapest. Their rep also confidently stated... "Nobody beats our prices in New York".

Perhaps somehow their prices vary by state?

BTW... the last car was a 2013 Chevy Cruze... so I actually think the difference in value between the vehicles warrants the $100 premium increase.

Interesting... I've been using Geico here in NY state for years. The M3 LR AWD only raised my 6 month premium by $100. I don't *think* our rates are high normally, I did a lot of comparison shopping years ago and found Geico to be the cheapest. Their rep also confidently stated... "Nobody beats our prices in New York".

Perhaps somehow their prices vary by state?

BTW... the last car was a 2013 Chevy Cruze... so I actually think the difference in value between the vehicles warrants the $100 premium increase.
Yeah i guess VA must be the "rake 'em over the coals" state.

Thanks for the info and perspective, everyone.