Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GEICO Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update to my previous post...

Well, now that my car is ready for delivery next week and insuring the car is a reality, here's my rate from Allstate:

$1140/6 months (Model 3 @ $56K)

This includes a full value coverage premium which was only an extra $77 per period. Don't know why my original quote was half this much but we've had major changes to the policy in that the 2002 Odyssey has been replaced with a 2018 Honda Ridgeline. Maybe I'll shop around again for other quotes.....

A quote I received from Geico today with $300K/$300K/$100K of coverage with $1,000 deductible for comprehensive and collision in California is for $436.90/6 mo. period for the Tesla Model 3.

The quote is for a family with two cars with a 2014 Prius Plug-in (PHEV) as the commute car (12K Mi.) and the Tesla Model 3 as the pleasure car (9K Mi.). Optional items of Mechanical Breakdown Insurance ($73.30), Emergency Road Service (4.50), Rental Reimbursement ($25.10) are excluded.

I currently have insurance with Geico and got a quote today for the following coverage for my Model 3

50K/100K/100K
$1,000 deductive comprehensive/collision
$772/6 months

Located in California
30 years old
No accidents

It's currently the best price I've received - I've tried InsureMyTesla (Liberty Mutual, State Farm, AAA, Esurance, Travelers, Mecury)
Anyone else get a better quote?

I currently have insurance with Geico and got a quote today for the following coverage for my Model 3

50K/100K/100K
$772/6 months

Located in California
30 years old
No accidents

It's currently the best price I've received - I've tried InsureMyTesla (Liberty Mutual, State Farm, AAA, Esurance, Travelers, Mecury)
With Geico I think the price is heavily affected by how many miles you tell them you're driving. I got a lower quote than you but I told them I barely drive for work.

50K/100K/100K
$772/6 months

Located in California
30 years old
No accidents

Did you try Nationwide?

Definitely try Ameriprise (through Costco). Even adding the $60 membership for Costco annually it was a much better deal for me than anyone else. For comparison, 29, married, have one at-fault in past 5 years, in MD (suburban DC):

2018-07-17 16_38_48-Clipboard.png

Funny enough, Allstate wouldn't even give me a quote without talking to their "Specialty and Exotics" department or something :rolleyes:

Geico has quoted me the following:

Bodily: $1MIL/$1MIL
Property: $100k
Uninsured:$500k/$500k
$430 per 6 months ($73 less if I decline mechanical breakdown insurance)

Located in California
Late 30s
No recent accidents/tickets
Also have umbrella through Geico, and 2 other cars on the policy.
Daily commute is 24 miles rountrip, approx 12.5k miles per year total driving.

Reactions: chibi_kurochan
Geico has quoted me the following:

Bodily: $1MIL/$1MIL
Property: $100k
Uninsured:$500k/$500k
$430 per 6 months ($73 less if I decline mechanical breakdown insurance)

Located in California
Late 30s
No recent accidents/tickets
Also have umbrella through Geico, and 2 other cars on the policy.
Daily commute is 24 miles rountrip, approx 12.5k miles per year total driving.
Woah, that's an impressive quote for the coverage! Did you tell them you weren't going to be driving it at all?

• Funny
Reactions: Tezzie
Woah, that's an impressive quote for the coverage! Did you tell them you weren't going to be driving it at all?
I agree!

I put in my daily commute distance and adjusted my annual mileage down to 12.5k from 15k.
It is only a marginal difference with removing my 2011 Infiniti G37S sedan. Quite happy, and hope nothing changes between now and whenever Tesla starts delivering them.

Read about this site in a local/community newspaper (local boy does good type of thing) - see if it helps you out. Its basically a Kayak/Travelocity for car insurance. You get some quotes by e-mail (which is what I want) - then you have the old school insurance guys that call you and want to "talk" (I let those roll to vm and delete them). The quotes I got back so far have been pretty competitive.

Until I get my car, however, its just been a test. You mileage may vary.

Fast, Free Auto Insurance Quotes

Definitely try Ameriprise (through Costco). Even adding the $60 membership for Costco annually it was a much better deal for me than anyone else. For comparison, 29, married, have one at-fault in past 5 years, in MD (suburban DC):

View attachment 317583

Funny enough, Allstate wouldn't even give me a quote without talking to their "Specialty and Exotics" department or something :rolleyes:

Are those deductibles right? $5000 for Travelers?

View attachment 317583

When you guys are all researching and getting these quotes, are you speaking with someone or just doing an online quote check? What info will you need for the 'shopping' for these quotes? VIN?

Are those deductibles right? $5000 for Travelers?

Yup, trying to get the premium as cheap as possible. I can "self-insure" for a high deductible, and statistically, I think I'm less likely to cause a collision than something random happening (although that might be some cognitive bias), so I go for higher collision deductible and lower comprehensive.

I’ve been with Gieco for the past six years. 1 uninsured motorist claim (hit and run, dash cam footage proved at fault and also a police complaint) and one glass repair. 2 other accidents claimed through the other parties insurance and also no tickets. They increased my premium from $2500/year (2 cars, no collision on the second) to $3100.

Liberty had the cheapest initial quote $1200/year for the same coverage but then they did the final check and came back at $3300/year. Apparently this was because of the uninsured and glass claims.

State Farm was $2000/year.

Ended up going with Amica for $1700/year. Never heard of them before but they were the best rated on consumer reports so I went with it.

Just shows it’s worth spending the time to review your insurance periodically! I probably should have actually done this awhile back!