Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gemini’s on a Performance WITH Red Calipers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tried to put the 19” Gemini’s on a Performance that has the red brake calipers? I know they’ll fit on the performance stealth because it doesn’t have the performance red brake calipers, but what about with the red brakes?
20200620_110613.jpg
20200623_220341.jpg

20200606_152553.jpg
20200606_152737.jpg

Last edited:
Argh, yeah, not the same. I also noticed that the TPMS are different. Model Y uses Bluetooth sensors. I wish Tesla would come out with a winter tire set for the Model Y!

In Canada, I've been told to watch out this week. Hopefully, this is the case as snow has already hit the ground. This year seems late for some reason with the expectation that some particular brands of snow tires won't be around until January (eg. Michelin X-ICE Snow, Nokian Hakkas for December) - I don't know if that's because of delays in production due to COVID or what. Seems late this year.

In Canada, I've been told to watch out this week. Hopefully, this is the case as snow has already hit the ground. This year seems late for some reason with the expectation that some particular brands of snow tires won't be around until January (eg. Michelin X-ICE Snow, Nokian Hakkas for December) - I don't know if that's because of delays in production due to COVID or what. Seems late this year.
Did they tell you to watch it online or follow up with SC?
I’m rolling on summer tires still, and at my SC appointment last week when I told them I need a winter set they thought PUP had all season tires...
At that time they said ‘should be soon’, as in I have no idea.
Snow is around the corner so now would be the time.

Did they tell you to watch it online or follow up with SC?
I’m rolling on summer tires still, and at my SC appointment last week when I told them I need a winter set they thought PUP had all season tires...
At that time they said ‘should be soon’, as in I have no idea.
Snow is around the corner so now would be the time.

Watch it online - I asked and they couldn't reserve it in advance. The person I talked with said probably Tuesday or Wednesday but to check online regularly. Hopefully, it's true as many of the winter tires I prefer are out of stock. I couldn't chance it, so I ended up going with a smaller place that had Michelins Pilot Alpin PA4s in stock - the last set in stock at Spence Auto. Good Luck!

Two of friends that own PMY's and dumped the 21" tires/wheels for the 19" Geminie's (he painted them black)

4VekXRx.jpg

They both say the same thing, this was the best mod to their PMY's they could have made, they got the missing range back, a softer more compliant ride, quieter and less fear of potholes etc here in Illinois where our roads look like Beruit.

Tesla needs to bring back the so-called "stealth option". One of them is trying to sell his 21" tire/wheels/tpms with 3500 miles for $3500 if interested let me know and I'll put you in contact, but so far no one seems interested in them.

Two of friends that own PMY's and dumped the 21" tires/wheels for the 19" Geminie's (he painted them black)

4VekXRx.jpg

They both say the same thing, this was the best mod to their PMY's they could have made, they got the missing range back, a softer more compliant ride, quieter and less fear of potholes etc here in Illinois where our roads look like Beruit.

Tesla needs to bring back the so-called "stealth option". One of them is trying to sell his 21" tire/wheels/tpms with 3500 miles for $3500 if interested let me know and I'll put you in contact, but so far no one seems interested in them.
Looks good!! And I’d be ok with the stealth option, but I’d want everything BUT the 21’s. The previous stealth didn’t have the red calipers and that was a deal breaker—also didn’t have a lot of the other Performance pieces too. Same exact Performance version right now, but with either the Gemini’s or the Induction are fine with me. If and when we ever SEE our Performance reservations :-(

Reactions: jsight
Watch it online - I asked and they couldn't reserve it in advance. The person I talked with said probably Tuesday or Wednesday but to check online regularly. Hopefully, it's true as many of the winter tires I prefer are out of stock. I couldn't chance it, so I ended up going with a smaller place that had Michelins Pilot Alpin PA4s in stock - the last set in stock at Spence Auto. Good Luck!
Expected... but dissapointed with the 19” gemini’s. I refuse to put those on the vehicle. I will wait for the tsportline 20” tsv to come in. I went woth Michelin PA5, got them today, shop said in stock and they’ll have them tomorrow.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
Expected... but dissapointed with the 19” gemini’s. I refuse to put those on the vehicle. I will wait for the tsportline 20” tsv to come in. I went woth Michelin PA5, got them today, shop said in stock and they’ll have them tomorrow.

I totally understand, but I wouldn't go with 20s since that affects tow loads (if that's something you might consider doing). At least tsportline offers some decent wheel options. I'll be looking to them when I get my own Y next year (currently dealing with my wife's).