TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Gemini 19in performance wheels

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by eousphoros, Dec 4, 2019.

1. eousphoros

eousphoros Member

Finally was able to order a set of these wheels off the tesla website in between States of being sold out.

I was wondering for anyone who may already have these and have gone from the 20's to these how much of an improvement you saw. How much do the gemini caps help if at all?

2. webbah

webbah Member

I really can’t wait for these to be available in Europe. I’d be tempted to even pay someone in the US to order them and ship them to me!

3. hemhog7

hemhog7 Member

I ordered my set on 11/21 and I'm still waiting for them...

4. BrandonLive

BrandonLive P3D+, Blue on white

I got mine put on yesterday. I never received an e-mail or anything from the local service center, so I just set up an appointment in the app, and they had the wheels there waiting for me.

By the way, does anyone have any specs on these? E.g. weight?

Also, the car’s Wheel Configuration menu doesn’t currently list these. The service center left the setting on 20” Performance. I wonder if 19” Sport would be closer?

5. eousphoros

eousphoros Member

Don't have any answers for you but as I have yet to get mine. What do you think of the new wheels?

6. eousphoros

eousphoros Member

My order just got pushed out another month, guess I'm not seeing these anytime soon.

7. Ethoring

Ethoring New Member

I'd love to see some photos of more 3's with Gemini, if any of you have put them on!

8. ElectricIAC

ElectricIAC Devil’s Advocate

I want to see some real consumption numbers before I mess with it. Not interested in the tires either just the wheels (I have access to “discards” regularly with 5-6/10 worth of tread)

9. eousphoros

eousphoros Member

Would love to take some pictures, unfortunately after showing up today for my appointment. I was informed there was a mixup on the parts order and that the wheels are now expected towards the end of February. At this rate I will get these winter tires just in time for spring.

10. eousphoros

eousphoros Member

Showed up today for my third appointment trying to get these wheels installed. They had four boxes with my name on it, none of them had the right wheels. I now have a forth appointment setup for mid March.

So much for these being my winter wheels.

11. eousphoros

eousphoros Member

IMG_20200309_134508.jpg

• Like x 1
  12. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

Anyone done efficiency tests?

13. jkoya

jkoya NA2 NSX

How much do these weigh ?

14. eousphoros

eousphoros Member

So anecdotal testing shows a decent improvement over the stock twenties which were averaging about 296 wh/mi. The Geminis are averaging about 251 wh/mi after 200 miles.

• Love x 1
  15. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

I'd really like to know the weight and how they compare to say an OEM 19

16. N54TT

N54TT Member

Anyone have pics of the actually wheel? Looks like the model y Gemini are different than the model 3 Gemini wheels sold in China. Which ones are being sold here in the states for the model 3?

17. eousphoros

eousphoros Member

There is a pic of the wheel up above that I posted, or were you looking for something else?

18. ElectricIAC

ElectricIAC Devil’s Advocate

That looks about right.

Gonna pester my local deliver center to see how much they would sell these for without tires since only winter tire package comes up on site.

19. TLLMRRJ

TLLMRRJ Active Member

They look so much better on the Model 3 than the Y.

• Love x 1
  20. N54TT

N54TT Member

I’m talking about what the actual wheel looks like, with the cap off. Initial posts speculated that they looked the same as the ones being sold in China. But the Model y in the states have the same caps but the actual wheel design is different. Which one is being sold for the model 3?

5472C248-C966-4721-8315-8123392DD87F.jpeg 53FF09AD-3878-4386-B49E-83F922ED41CF.jpeg

• Informative x 1