Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gemini wheel covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

VandalSibs

I am One with the Force, and the Force is with me
Oct 28, 2019
Spokane, WA
Wife and I just got our blue Model Y LR, and love it - with the exception of the non-black Gemini wheel covers, so we're painting them matte black.

PXL_20220607_045027111.jpg

PXL_20220607_045031842.jpg

That's the first coat... going to apply one more for a little better coverage (and to try to "fix" some wonky spots from spraying too close), but it's looking like they will be quite nice.

Reactions: Ben W
We're using this.

The stuff doesn't require any sanding or priming, so that's nice. I did do a quick wipe-down with some water, dried them off & masked off the center hub/emblem. We decided that we wanted that to stay silver to make the little bit of the rims that will keep showing/remain fit in a little better.

Reactions: Chaucerino
Knock on wood, but I think this spray paint is gonna hold up... We've had a decent amount of rain here in eastern Washington and the covers have done great. The car also had it's first car washing and while we didn't scrub them much, they stood up to a pretty decent blast from a pressure hose.

We're using this.

The stuff doesn't require any sanding or priming, so that's nice. I did do a quick wipe-down with some water, dried them off & masked off the center hub/emblem. We decided that we wanted that to stay silver to make the little bit of the rims that will keep showing/remain fit in a little better.

I did just about the same thing. I scuffed the covers a bit and applied 3 coats of Krylon fusion matte black. I covered the silver wheel lip with some vinyl from Amazon. Black Oracal 651 Vinyl PinStriping, Pinstripes Tape for Autos, Bikes, Boats - Decals, Stickers, Striping, Pinstripes - 3/4" https://a.co/d/iP8Jn5d
@VandalSibs @Merner Recently purchased a "new to me" MY LR via private party. Do you recall how many cans of paint you used? Also, how's the paint/tape holding up?