Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gemini wheels without the Aero Covers. Center cap removal advice.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I removed my Aero covers and installed a center cap/lug nut cover set. All fits well and snug. I saw a YouTube video on how to remove the center caps with a suction cup. So I ordered them off Amazon and they dont work. At all. Like they dont stick in any way shape or form. How am I supposed to remove them if I should want to go back? Do I have to take the tire off and come in from the other side?

Thanks in advance.

I assume you know how to lock the suction cups. The next thing you can do to help is clean the center caps really well and clean the suction cups too. Then, apply some clean water to the suction cup before sticking it. That sometimes helps. If all else fails, yes you will need to remove the wheel so you can poke the cap off.
EDIT: I think the best way to pull is with one hard and crisp pull, not gently. And straight, not sideways.

I assume you know how to lock the suction cups. The next thing you can do to help is clean the center caps really well and clean the suction cups too. Then, apply some clean water to the suction cup before sticking it. That sometimes helps. If all else fails, yes you will need to remove the wheel so you can poke the cap off.
EDIT: I think the best way to pull is with one hard and crisp pull, not gently. And straight, not sideways.
I’ll try to clean them but they are slightly convex and the Tesla logo is etched so it’s not a smooth surface.

True about the logo, but somehow I was able to do it on mine. The outer edge of the suction cup just needs to stick for suction to be created normally. There will be some air trapped inside but it was not enough to prevent suction for me. Now I have just tried it on one wheel for fun, I haven't used that method "in production" :) I found that my stock Tesla center caps are really tight when put on my R241 replikas. I'm not sure I could remove them from those wheels using a suction cup... but I can on the stock 18" wheels.