Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen 2 wall connector not going into standby after charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticing some odd behavior with my Gen 2 wall connector. When it finishes charging, the power flow light keeps on flowing and it seems like the car is constantly drawing a small charge. I noticed it a while ago too but it's very apparent now that I'm staying at home and not driving every day.

After not driving for about a week the vampire drain took me down to around 70% so I plugged it in with my limit set to 80%. The next morning it charged up but was noticing on the powerwall app that our house was using a bit more than usual. Maybe about 1-1.5kwh more than normal. After about a day and half of this I went out to the car and the power flow on the charger was still going and the car had charged up to close to 90% so I unplugged the car.

Has anybody noticed that their car keeps trickle charging if leaving it plugged into a wall connector? Anything I can do to fix this? This didn't happen before I got the wall connector when I was charging with the UMC and a NEMA 14-50.

I also have a gen 3 charger so I'll give that a test and see if it goes into standby after it finishes charging.

Dont know if its the same issue, but cycle through the "scheduled charging" menus and then turn it back to off.

After weeks of back and forth with Tesla this is what finally worked.

My car was showing to be on "scheduled charging" when they logged in to diagnose , which was keeping the charger from going into stand-by mode. But my car interface actually said it was off... by cycling through and then turning off, it seemed to have synced up the CPU and the interface.

I have 2 whole threads about this if you want to read the whole story -one is in this sub forum, the other in the MS sub.

hope that helps

Hmm no this happened again. It had vampire drained down to 76% so it topped itself off yesterday morning back to 80%. Then it trickle charged until I unplugged it this morning at 86%. Guess I'll plug in the Gen 3 unit to see if that makes any difference.