Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen 3 charger flashing blue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2 of the gen 3 wall chargers. When charging is complete it is supposed to have a solid blue light. One of them flashes blue while the other is solid blue. Both chargers seem to work fine. But wondered why one is flashing when done charging. Anyone know? I can't find anything on it in the manual.

You are the 1st person ( I have heard of) that has one that has a blue solid light like the manual says.
I have a couple other threads regarding another underlying issue but status of lights was relevant, but even the tech support at Tesla were not sure what the light was supposed to do when not charging -I talked (or typed as the case may be ) with 4 or 5 different people over a 2 week course .
All in all it seems a slow pulsing light is the more common state of the LEDs when plugged in / not charging.

Hope that helps

You are the 1st person ( I have heard of) that has one that has a blue solid light like the manual says.
I have a couple other threads regarding another underlying issue but status of lights was relevant, but even the tech support at Tesla were not sure what the light was supposed to do when not charging -I talked (or typed as the case may be ) with 4 or 5 different people over a 2 week course .
All in all it seems a slow pulsing light is the more common state of the LEDs when plugged in / not charging.

Hope that helps
Thanks for the reply. But sure enough one charger slowly blinks blue when plugged in and not charging and the other charger is a solid blue light. I have a X and a S and it doesn't matter which is plugged in the result is the same.

When I first installed mine it was constantly blinking when not charging. Contacted support and they were clueless on what was actually happening.

A day or two later I realized my connector had disconnected from the network so reconnected it. Another few days later the blinking stopped. My theory is there was a firmware update in there to fix what sounds like was a bug for a lot of people. Not sure what firmware mine came with but I’m now on 0.8.52+g48bbab2b0de6be and it stops blinking when done.

Connect to your connector with a browser and see it they are the same version. If not, that might be it. Don’t see a way to trigger an update though.

Each battery bank contains two (2) LEDs - a CHARGE LED and an ERROR LED. The CHARGE LED indicates the charging process (Red when charging, Green when charged) and the ERROR LED displays a Reverse Polarity or Error Condition.

I have a generation 3 and the charger works for a while and then it stops and turns steady blue light. This is very odd and tried troubleshooting and everything possible I can think of. Would like some advice or guidance if anyone went through the same