Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen 3 Charger Web Interface Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you log into the Tesla wall connector?
I connected mine to the internet when it was installed, but I don’t see how to check to see if it received any updates
You need to power cycle it (use the breaker in the panel), then for a few minutes it will act as a WiFi access point. Connect to that on your phone, same way as it was initially setup.

Reactions: TBrownTX
I was searching for this thread to update it. But you guys beat me to it. I will check my firmware as well but I must be 1.4.4 now too.[
You need to power cycle it (use the breaker in the panel), then for a few minutes it will act as a WiFi access point. Connect to that on your phone, same way as it was initially setup.
I was able to get the charger to start broadcasting the SSID again by holding down the button on the charger plug for 5 seconds.

Finally connected w/ provisioning mode and got some updated screenshots of 1.4.4 - Note the "check for update" option now available in addition to WiFi connectivity data and line voltage data. Very cool.

Tim

Attachments

• IMG_1910.jpeg
    IMG_1910.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_1912.jpeg
    IMG_1912.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1913.jpeg
    IMG_1913.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 175
So, it's now mid-July and the wifi interface is still broken. They can't possibly convince me that failing to load the live voltage and power stats is intended behavior. The issue is, they want to lock out the ability to change the circuit breaker rating unless you are on commissioning wifi and whatever intern they had try and make the web interface dynamic depending on which network it hosts on screwed it up and they haven't fixed it in more than half a year.

The unit also can't connect to the wifi if you have WPA3 enabled, even if your router is set to use both WPA2 and WPA3. A $5 smart outlet can manage this, but not a $500 wall connector from a company that produces leading-edge tech in their field.

If they spent a man-week of resources on this they could have a much better product and this thread would have a happy ending. They probably can't internally agree on what the desired behavior of the non-commissioning web interface should be or are killing that interface in favor of app integration and so have tabled it and forgotten it.

So, it's now mid-July and the wifi interface is still broken. They can't possibly convince me that failing to load the live voltage and power stats is intended behavior. The issue is, they want to lock out the ability to change the circuit breaker rating unless you are on commissioning wifi and whatever intern they had try and make the web interface dynamic depending on which network it hosts on screwed it up and they haven't fixed it in more than half a year.

The unit also can't connect to the wifi if you have WPA3 enabled, even if your router is set to use both WPA2 and WPA3. A $5 smart outlet can manage this, but not a $500 wall connector from a company that produces leading-edge tech in their field.

If they spent a man-week of resources on this they could have a much better product and this thread would have a happy ending. They probably can't internally agree on what the desired behavior of the non-commissioning web interface should be or are killing that interface in favor of app integration and so have tabled it and forgotten it.

So much missed opportunity w/ the web interface, hoping it gets some love at some point in the future. In the meantime, it does flawlessly charge my car at least.

Tim

Reactions: Ramphex
Web interface is definitely crap, I don’t know what difference changing a breaker rating would make whether on LAN or it’s own SSID. Do they really think my house guests who I share my WiFi password with, will figure out my wall charger’s IP, and decrease the breaker rating so my car charges slower? 😅😅

I'm able to connect to my WiFi (after configuring the charger to connect) using the Wall Monitor app on my iPhone. I can't configure my wall charger, but I can observe the status and it will track charging. If you are willing to pay $9, it will keep charts for you too.

I have to say, I'm disappointed that this functionality doesn't already exist in the Tesla app. I found commissioning the Wall Charger to be clunky and I couldn't register it with my guest WiFi network and that may be related to WPA2/WPA3.

The charger works great now... it was just a PITA to setup.

I had my Gen 3 charger replaced a few weeks back and it quickly updated to 1.3.0. It ran that way for a bit with no issues and then all of a sudden the web interface wasn’t reachable. I power cycled the charger and since then the below is all I see on the web interface. I get a spinning circle like something is loading but it never loads. Is anybody else getting this?

View attachment 599344
Not really. You can pick to allow charging from either all vehicles or just Tesla. Mine is in my garage, so not really a setting I'll use.
I am new here and I just had the Tesla gen 3 wall connector installed two days ago. I was getting the spinning wheel. After troubleshooting (cutting the power at the circuit breaker, trying to use chrome…) I decided to forget the wall connector’s network in my iOS Wi-Fi settings. I then reconnected to the Wall Connectors Wi-Fi and it actually worked!! It also seemed to have trouble connecting to the 5 ghz frequency Wi-Fi signal, so I connected it to the 2.4ghz signal. This resolved the issue. Sounds like there maybe several solutions, I hope this helps someone!

Reactions: h2ofun