Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen 3 Charger Web Interface Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my Gen 3 charger replaced a few weeks back and it quickly updated to 1.3.0. It ran that way for a bit with no issues and then all of a sudden the web interface wasn’t reachable. I power cycled the charger and since then the below is all I see on the web interface. I get a spinning circle like something is loading but it never loads. Is anybody else getting this?

2872C537-270E-43EC-A301-82D81E2423D7.png

I'm no expert, but from reading the material that came with the wall charger, I believe the only time you are supposed to interface with it via wifi is to do the initial setup. After that, there should be no reason to connect to it (assuming it is still operating correctly). Once mine was setup, I never tried to re-connect to it.

Reactions: laservet
yup, I see the same thing on all browsers across different devices. I used to get the full page of settings and stats. Sounds like a firmware update was pushed that screwed up the web page data. The 'old' page that worked looked very different for the top portion that you can see above the endlessly spinning circle.

I'm curious also to hear if you get a response. The good news... at least the charger is responding with a partial page so is online. So I'm hoping this means it will respond to another firmware push if this issue gets fixed.

I'm having the same issue on the web interface of my Gen 3 charger. Was just curious if anyone ended up hearing back from Tesla and how this issue was resolved or if I should also reach out to Tesla Support. I'm also not having issues with charging - it's just the web interface that just shows exactly like the image posted at the start of the thread.

Thanks for any insights / tips!

Just got off with Tesla Support and what jonboyTMY posted above and what others are experiencing as well is "as expected" with the latest firmware update. In other words, it's not a bug, it's a feature. :p

All kidding aside, Tesla is aware of the issue and this should be addressed in an upcoming firmware update. I asked if they had an ETA, but they didn't have an expected date of resolution.

For the record, if others would like to reach out to Tesla Support to flag or for assistance, the number to call is 1-888-765-2489 and then select option 2 for Energy Products. Then enter the phone number for your Tesla Account and you'll eventually be able navigate down to the point where where Wall Chargers are an option. It's less than obvious which is why I thought I'd post this here in the event that it would save someone else out there some questions and steps when attempting to reach support.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: bicar and frankvb
I'm no expert, but from reading the material that came with the wall charger, I believe the only time you are supposed to interface with it via wifi is to do the initial setup. After that, there should be no reason to connect to it (assuming it is still operating correctly). Once mine was setup, I never tried to re-connect to it.

Same here. What is the benefit of the update?

No update on my side. I let the ticket lapse as I wasn’t making any progress with them. They are aware and I guess it will get fixed at some point.

no issues with charging which is good...

just wish they would add some more features like ChargePoint has. Would be cool to calculate cost and other features.

Reactions: jsight
No update on my side. I let the ticket lapse as I wasn’t making any progress with them. They are aware and I guess it will get fixed at some point.

no issues with charging which is good...

just wish they would add some more features like ChargePoint has. Would be cool to calculate cost and other features.

Check the chrome developer console and see what errors it has.

Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 10.52.24 PM.png