Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen 3 - Constant Single Green Flashing Normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just finished installing my new Gen 3 wall connector ahead of my M3P arriving later this week. It’s on a 60 amp circuit and connected to my home wifi (have an outdoor AP right above it for it and the car to have a rock solid signal).

It came up initially with a 1.4.2-0 firmware and said no new firmware was available. I checked and found 21.29.1 and did it as a manual install. That refined a few things and added all of the options for networked chargers (which I don’t need), etc. All good.

However, I notice that it just flashes green constantly and always advertises its wifi even hours after configuring it. Is this proper current behavior or is it acting like it’s still in commissioning mode for some reason?

When I set the amperage level and save it, it briefly shows me the corresponding light count. Then after a short bit it goes back to a single flashing green again. I set it back to 60A, saw the six green lights, and then it goes back to single green flashing.

Normal? Or is something unhappy in some way I can’t seem to correct?

I just finished installing my new Gen 3 wall connector ahead of my M3P arriving later this week. It’s on a 60 amp circuit and connected to my home wifi (have an outdoor AP right above it for it and the car to have a rock solid signal).

It came up initially with a 1.4.2-0 firmware and said no new firmware was available. I checked and found 21.29.1 and did it as a manual install. That refined a few things and added all of the options for networked chargers (which I don’t need), etc. All good.

However, I notice that it just flashes green constantly and always advertises its wifi even hours after configuring it. Is this proper current behavior or is it acting like it’s still in commissioning mode for some reason?

When I set the amperage level and save it, it briefly shows me the corresponding light count. Then after a short bit it goes back to a single flashing green again. I set it back to 60A, saw the six green lights, and then it goes back to single green flashing.

Normal? Or is something unhappy in some way I can’t seem to correct?
Yeah, I have two Wall Connectors and they both advertise the SSIDs consistently.

I read in another thread on this forum: Tesla support told one of us that the constant SSID advertisements are part of the power sharing feature so that multiple Wall Connectors can find each other. Hopefully, Tesla will find a better solution in future and get that into a firmware update.