Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen 3 Door Handle Opens Door Upon Presenting in High Heat

FoxSTL2HOU

Nov 12, 2018
HOU
My driver's door handle has been updated to the gen 3 version. It is the only door with the updated version and this issue only occurs with that door.

On two separate hot sunny days (but not on every hot sunny day), when the door handles presented, the door also unlatched with no additional force/extension on the door handle. This has happened with both the driver's seat vacant and occupied.

Anyone else experienced this? The two instances of this happening were about two months apart, so I don't know what the trigger is other than both were very sunny/hot days where the car was in the sun more than usual.

JADCa

Mar 5, 2018
California
My old P85 did that occasionally on the driveside rear door when it was in the hot sun. Just closed the door and never bothered to have service adjust it. Was a 2014 for handle.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC