Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen 3 Home Charger in UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have purchased a Gen 3 Tesls home charger here in the UK. It has been installed by a qualified electrician as per the manual but when switched on for the first time, it shows a continuous amber light on the display.

The electrician has done everything suggested in the manual, but the amber light is still on and the unit cannot connect to the internet. The manual says to contact Tesla but I’m unable to find any contact details.

Has anyone else has similar problems or provide help?

It took me ages to get it to connect to it’s wifi and set it up. Follow the instructions and be patient. I had to keep swiping down and refreshing on my Safari browser until it connected.

Once it finally connected I could set it up on my home wifi and then choose the amperage. I haven’t had to touch it since.

Persevere, it will work.

It took me a big 25 min to set mine up without internet as our complex would not allow me to use the office WiFi. I used my phone to connect to the Gen 3 (192.168.92.1). You may need to reboot the Wall Connector to get to the steady green 1-bar. You can also press the button on the handle for a good 5 seconds and it should take you there as well.

I'm concerned about your solid amber (or is it red).

Solid RedInternal fault, charging disabledTurn the circuit breaker off, wait 5 seconds, and turn it back on. If solid red light remains, document part number and serial number, then contact Tesla.

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 17.10.40.png

IMG_0995.heic.jpeg

It took me a big 25 min to set mine up without internet as our complex would not allow me to use the office WiFi. I used my phone to connect to the Gen 3 (192.168.92.1). You may need to reboot the Wall Connector to get to the steady green 1-bar. You can also press the button on the handle for a good 5 seconds and it should take you there as well.

I'm concerned about your solid amber (or is it red).

Solid RedInternal fault, charging disabledTurn the circuit breaker off, wait 5 seconds, and turn it back on. If solid red light remains, document part number and serial number, then contact Tesla.

View attachment 792921

View attachment 792918
Thanks managed to get it to connect to wifi. Cheers!!

The European adapter [to CCCS] for legacy MS / MX is dinky and fits in the palm of the hand (some older cars needed a return-to-Service modification too). No idea if complicated to adapt that for N.A. market, but seems surprising that hasn't happened
With CHAdeMO on the decline and Tesla NA no longer selling it, this is something pressing, I think. Luckily our TOCO (Tesla Owners Club of Ontario) has several for loaning to the members.

Tesla NA no longer selling it [CHAdeMO adaptor]

Didn't know that, thanks. Indicative of the future maybe ... in which case more surprising that a NA CCS adaptor hasn't happened yet. Plus it would offer ability to open Supercharger NA to "all cars", and a windfall in (reverse) CCS adaptor sales, and monthly subscriptions.

I transferred my CHAdeMO from previous car, and I'm hanging on to it. Back then (2 years ago), whilst picked up new replacement car, I asked about flashing it with latest firmware as that hadn't been done in a couple of years, and they said I was already on the latest version - so that version is probably going to be stable for as long as CHAdeMO continues to exist ...

Reactions: Soul Surfer