Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen 3 Tesla and Gen 3 J1772 Wall Connector Install Write up with Photos!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, that wasn't your point, or at least definitely was not what you SAID. You were saying that the only allowed install is using a 60A circuit, and that just isn't true and was what we were all having a problem with.
I still believe a smart inspector would not all a piece of equipment to be installed on something that if someone plays games, might start a fire. We all have the right to our opinion. But, do you disagree that #6 NM cannot be used to code for a 60 amp breaker?

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H
I still believe a smart inspector would not all a piece of equipment to be installed on something that if someone plays games, might start a fire. We all have the right to our opinion.
This is just a nonsequitur. EVERYTHING could start a fire if someone plays games. If someone is going to play games with violating code, ALL bets are off, regardless of what it is, what appliance it is, what outlet it is, what kind of building it is, what wire it is, etc. etc. So that has nothing to do with anything. So sure, that's the same opinion everyone should have, because it's a really basic fact.

But, do you disagree that #6 NM cannot be used to code for a 60 amp breaker?
I have to make sure I get the polarity correct when someone asks "do you disagree". I have been one of the most adamant and vocal people on the forum pointing out that this very case is only 55A rated and cannot be used for a 60A circuit.

But you're doing this red herring thing. What you were saying earlier and repeatedly was that the wall connector would not be allowed to be installed as a lower level circuit, like 30A or 40A. That is what we said was not true, and then you started arguing it. So we just want that clear and not misdirecting to this NM-B 6 gauge thing, which was well established elsewhere.

Reactions: TunaBug
This is just a nonsequitur. EVERYTHING could start a fire if someone plays games. If someone is going to play games with violating code, ALL bets are off, regardless of what it is, what appliance it is, what outlet it is, what kind of building it is, what wire it is, etc. etc. So that has nothing to do with anything. So sure, that's the same opinion everyone should have, because it's a really basic fact.

I have to make sure I get the polarity correct when someone asks "do you disagree". I have been one of the most adamant and vocal people on the forum pointing out that this very case is only 55A rated and cannot be used for a 60A circuit.

But you're doing this red herring thing. What you were saying earlier and repeatedly was that the wall connector would not be allowed to be installed as a lower level circuit, like 30A or 40A. That is what we said was not true, and then you started arguing it. So we just want that clear and not misdirecting to this NM-B 6 gauge thing, which was well established elsewhere.
I stand by all my comments, including I would not want to risk an inspector saying nope, cannot install without proper wiring