Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now Tesla needs to create a box that sits on the main power and can work in conjunction with the Gen3 WC to limit charging as whole house power increases towards the limit for the house.

It's a little unbelievable this isn't already a thing. At least have the ability to sync with the PW gateway for people with Tesla Solar. It would just be software in that case.

Reactions: Viejo66 and brkaus
I have 2 Gen 3 Wall Connectors that have been working fine for the last 2 months. They were setup for Power Sharing. The child unit is working fine still today. The master unit starting yesterday is no longer responding when I connect to its SSID, shows just a single solid green light that never changes even if I turn off the circuit and back on (comes right back on solid green), it does broadcast its SSID, but if you connect to it DHCP is never completed so you can never load the config page. The other unit connects just fine. Holding the cable button down for 5 seconds does nothing. Trying to charge with it says Check Power Source in the Tesla app. Was working fine last week.

I note that Tesla's website says this is now out of stock so I can't even punt the problem and replace it. They sell random parts in the shop, but I don't see the part that probably has the brain/Wi-Fi module.

Anyway, I'm at a loss how to go about fixing this. Is there a deeper reset inside the unit somewhere? Calling my electrician back out seems like it is not the solution to this problem.