Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's actually available in the public domain already! Reposting this here from the several other threads on the topic:
___

This is working for me as of a few minutes ago! The wall connectors did not see an update when I checked for one via the web UI... but you can manually upload the necessary firmware (version 21.18.1) via the link and instructions (specifically the "Offline Firmware Updates" section here:

NOTE: I had to actually perform a factory reset of both wall connectors in order to convince them to take the manually provided firmware.

Subsequent to getting every v3 wall connector up to the necessary firmware revision and back online, follow the instructions here:

⚡Voila! ⚡

And to think it's only been 11 months since I had these installed! :rolleyes:

It's actually available in the public domain already! Reposting this here from the several other threads on the topic:
___

This is working for me as of a few minutes ago! The wall connectors did not see an update when I checked for one via the web UI... but you can manually upload the necessary firmware (version 21.18.1) via the link and instructions (specifically the "Offline Firmware Updates" section here:

NOTE: I had to actually perform a factory reset of both wall connectors in order to convince them to take the manually provided firmware.

Subsequent to getting every v3 wall connector up to the necessary firmware revision and back online, follow the instructions here:

⚡Voila! ⚡

And to think it's only been 11 months since I had these installed! :rolleyes:
Oh YEAH! It does look like they’re only supporting 4 for now… but that’ll do it for me 😀

Attachments

• 61D4E82C-55C9-40BE-94A0-6992C7F59F73.jpeg
    61D4E82C-55C9-40BE-94A0-6992C7F59F73.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 184
Reactions: MattChristian
I've pointed my favorite electrician at your report in the hope they might too have similar access! If so, it'll have only been 11 months since they were installed that this finally gets enabled!!
Any news on the circuit sharing firmware for V3 connectors. I have one and am debating on buying a second one for my wife's car but want to make sure they can share the same circuit without a lot of manual configuring by me

Now Tesla needs to create a box that sits on the main power and can work in conjunction with the Gen3 WC to limit charging as whole house power increases towards the limit for the house.
More generically, the best solution is a device that can be used to monitor any given circuit and have the EV charging load decrease itself to remain within the prescribed limit. You could use this on your main feed, or a sub panel feed. In this case, I could convert my water heater to hybrid electric and share the EV circuit by turning that circuit feed into a sub-panel with a breaker for the water heater and the Wall Connector. Since the water heater only needs a 30A circuit, there will always be some current available for EV charging on that 50A circuit.

I have to wonder what would be required to get a device like that through UL listing.

Reactions: mociaf9 and brkaus
What is the max amps that you guys can get from the grid? I have a 2x200 Amp service in rural Canada and I can charge both our cars at the same time, cook, bake (actually I can't cook or bake, but that's not the point) and run the dryer and the water heater at the same time without issues. Your posts sound like you need to walk on eggshells to avoid problems with the power company.

What is the max amps that you guys can get from the grid? I have a 2x200 Amp service in rural Canada and I can charge both our cars at the same time, cook, bake (actually I can't cook or bake, but that's not the point) and run the dryer and the water heater at the same time without issues. Your posts sound like you need to walk on eggshells to avoid problems with the power company.
200a service. Large house (lots of can lights - now mostly LED). Electric dryer, large electric ovens (2), large fridge (2) large freezer (2), dishwashers (2), microwave, 3 heat pumps, 50a swim spa.

Gas cooktop, gas backup heat, gas tankless hot water.

my builder was a cheapskate. Should have been built with 320/400 service. It was a spec home. Didn’t know much about this stuff at the time many years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleCreepy
I also have 2x200A service but one of the 200A main breakers is unused. My reason for wanting the generic load sharing device is that running another 30-50A circuit across the house from the main panel to the garage would probably cost $1,500+ because of the distance and difficult access.

Reactions: UncleCreepy