Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen 3 wall connector 3 phase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I’m wanting to install a gen 3 wall connector at my business which has 3 phase 120/208 power. Wanting to make sure that the wall connector will work if on a 60 amp 2 pole breaker like it does at my house.

Hello,
I’m wanting to install a gen 3 wall connector at my business which has 3 phase 120/208 power. Wanting to make sure that the wall connector will work if on a 60 amp 2 pole breaker like it does at my house.
It will work correctly but will charge at a slower rate per hour than at your house since 48A at 208v delivers less power than at 240v.

Hello,
Hey, Im currently going through this same situation. However, i cant get my charger to charge the car at work. i have the 48 A single phase wall connector, and we have only have 3 phase power here at work. Did you run in to any issues during your install/set up?

Hey, Im currently going through this same situation. However, i cant get my charger to charge the car at work. i have the 48 A single phase wall connector, and we have only have 3 phase power here at work. Did you run in to any issues during your install/set up?
The wall connector will work fine connected to 2 of 3 phases at a 208V service. This is how my gen 2 HPWC is configured at work. You will get a slightly lower charge rate compared with 240v.

I assume the GEN 3 is the same, but am not sure.