Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen 3 Wall Connector 3 red blinks fault code

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to give a little update here. Same thing happened to me, Wall Connector has been working flawlessly since Jan '21 then got the reduced charging to 35 AMPS (from 48). Unit had latest firmware, was warm but never hot to the touch, all connections were tight, proper gauge wire, etc.

I called Tesla on Friday, and they've already shipped me out a replacement to be delivered this week. Super easy customer support.
Can U comfortable replace/install it yourself since all previous wires are there? or do U need an electrician . I assume if we are handy enough we could just do it by turn off the breakers in the main box?

Can U comfortable replace/install it yourself since all previous wires are there? or do U need an electrician . I assume if we are handy enough we could just do it by turn off the breakers in the main box?
No need for an electrician. You turn off the power to the circuit at the service panel by flipping off the circuit breaker. You just need to remove the Wall Connector from the mounting bracket and replace using the existing mounting bracket (the wiring is not touched.) After turning on the power you then need to provision the Wall Connector following the instructions in the installation manual. (There are Youtube videos that demonstrate how to provision the Wall Connector using your phone.)

No need for an electrician. You turn off the power to the circuit at the service panel by flipping off the circuit breaker. You just need to remove the Wall Connector from the mounting bracket and replace using the existing mounting bracket (the wiring is not touched.) After turning on the power you then need to provision the Wall Connector following the instructions in the installation manual. (There are Youtube videos that demonstrate how to provision the Wall Connector using your phone.)
Thanks. I have my wall charger installed in May 2022 and am still waiting for my MYLR

I had my electrician come out in oct to verify the connections . Cost me $125 to have them tell me everything was fine, nothing was loose. I hadn't had any issues the week before they came and I haveen't had any since until tonight . Two times plugging in the Charger immediatly starting blinging 3 reds . 50 degree weather nothing warm and would not charge at all . Third try and it started blinking red without even being plugged in. 4th try it blinked red but still charged at 5KW . 5th try got it to charge normally for 5 minutes then it was blinking red but still charging.. Definitly not an overheating issue . Put in a ticket with tesla this time. Its times like these that I am glad I have a 120V if I need it .

I had my electrician come out in oct to verify the connections . Cost me $125 to have them tell me everything was fine, nothing was loose. I hadn't had any issues the week before they came and I haveen't had any since until tonight . Two times plugging in the Charger immediatly starting blinging 3 reds . 50 degree weather nothing warm and would not charge at all . Third try and it started blinking red without even being plugged in. 4th try it blinked red but still charged at 5KW . 5th try got it to charge normally for 5 minutes then it was blinking red but still charging.. Definitly not an overheating issue . Put in a ticket with tesla this time. Its times like these that I am glad I have a 120V if I need it .
something wrong with Tesla home wall charger? they should replace for free

something wrong with Tesla home wall charger? they should replace for free
Yea, lets see how many hoops it takes to get there. They want me to have an electriction verify it isn't a wireing issue (which was done). Then They wanted the wall unit serial and the car vin so they could match any alerts , They wanted pictures inside the charge port of the tesla, inside the handle and of the wallunit itself . So now I just need to wait