Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen 3 Wall connector and RF interference 2 Tesla S & X 2022 charge port door not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is beyond frustrating when things don't work. It is even worse when the wall connector support says the problem is not their product and it is the car and service says the problem is not the car.

Anyone have a situation where they have 2 newer Model S or X parked in the driveway with Gen 3 wall connector not being able to open the charge port door with the wand? It is so intermittent and the SW on the car and wall connector have not changed for almost a month. Sometimes the door opens other times it does not. I'm wondering if any of this has to do with the RF receivers and interference of having two cars on a driveway locking each other out. I need to grab a spectrum analyzer from work and do some testing.

The UMC (mobile charger) does not work either when the door does not work on either car. So it is hard for me to blame the wall connector. The button on the wand works to release the wall connector so it is not the button. Again everything is new under 1k miles and new gen 3 wall connectors installed a month ago.

I know the X had an issue where SW all of a sudden fixed it, but now it has been on stable SW with no updates and it stopped worked. Than the S just started working out of the blue intermittently but now the X does not work at all.

Curious if anyone with newer models is experiencing the same thing?

My wall plug charger often takes multiple presses on the handle button for the car to open the charge port. It's always been like that - there are multiple wifis nearby and I've always assumed it's an interference issue. Have you measured your site yet?