Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen 3 Wall Connector charging past selected 90%

duunoit

Jul 21, 2020
Knoxville, TN
After installing my wall connector with a 60A circuit (and commissioning as such), my car charges past the 90% that I have selected. It has gone to 91% once and 93% once. Several other charges have stopped at 90% as expected.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks

miimura

Aug 21, 2013
Los Altos, CA
The car controls the charging, not the EVSE (wall connector). Our Model 3 frequently charges above or below the selected percentage by a few percentage points. This is not a major concern for me and it definitely doesn't indicate anything is wrong with your Wall Connector.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC