trying to decide on a home charger and it looks like the irish Tesla online shop is only selling the gen 2 chargers as the cable length is 24ft as apposed to the gen 3 shorter 18ft. Question is has anyone in Ireland bought a gen 3 wall charger yet and if so from where?
Ok by means of an update, Tesla have updated their Irish store site now to differentiate between the Gen 2 and Gen 3 Wall Chargers, with a very slight increase in price but currently the gen 3 is out of stock, I expect that they are trying to flog their gen 2’s first!
the benefits of gen 3 are
1) more Electrical safety built-in which should mean a reduced installation cost
2) future proofing by allowing over the air updates, potential to integrate with their power wall solar solution in the future.
3) thinner cable making it easier to wrap around for storing
4) cable and head are more flexible
5) can automatically open your car charger cap by pressing a button on the adapter head rather than having to open via your phone app or via the car touchscreen
the downside of the gen 3 is
1) the longer cable length has reduced from 24feet (7.3m) to 18feet (5.5m), the smaller cable length option remains the same at 8.5feet (2.6m)