Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen 3 Wall Connector Now 24' Long

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh...And I just got mine 2 weeks ago. I could have used that extra 8'....

I could have used that extra 8'....
Bummer. Apparently, I got one of the last 18' ones but mine will be on a pillar right next to my car so it's more than long enough. With a 24' cable, I suspect a lot of folks would never unloop it completely. On the other hand, it does offer some placement flexibility in multi-EV garages if both vehicles don't need to charge concurrently.

Pretty happy with my Gen 2!

65206850220__8031B2DA-F9BC-4FB2-8C38-0D578507FCF2.jpg

Ugh...And I just got mine 2 weeks ago. I could have used that extra 8'....

That’s what she said. :)

"Wall Connectors can be returned within 60 days of receiving the product. Opened and unused products have the same return window but are subject to a 15% restocking fee. Outside of warranty concerns, return shipping fees will be deducted from the return credit. Once used, a product is ineligible for return."

Depending on your ethics and old box retention policy, you could buy the new 24', move the new baseplate and accessories(except the quickstart guide with the QR code!) to the old box, clean the old 18'er really well and send it back as opened but 'unused'. I'm sure the baseplate won't have changed between the 18' and 24' variety. TBH, its probably better to just put the used 18' on ebay and take the 12% hit.

Reactions: Funkyjuju
I have an 8 foot hpwc in my garage and love it. It's 2 feet from the connector to the car charging port so having longer cable would be a waste. I couldn't charge on the street because I would block the sidewalk with the cable, and the parking patrol is ruthless and tickets for blocking private garages.

I'm glad I got the short one while it was available.

Reactions: thinktwice
Side note, if anyone wants a 8.5' Gen3 cord(or entire unit) let me know. I happen to have a used but excellent condition one in stock and would be happy to swap for either an 24' or 18' cord. The cord swap(should you want to keep your unit, which you probably should) is an easy ~15 minute task. It would also make shipping much cheaper.

Reactions: Morgantown