Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen 3 Wall Connector Now 24' Long

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Wall Connectors can be returned within 60 days of receiving the product. Opened and unused products have the same return window but are subject to a 15% restocking fee. Outside of warranty concerns, return shipping fees will be deducted from the return credit. Once used, a product is ineligible for return."

Depending on your ethics and old box retention policy, you could buy the new 24', move the new baseplate and accessories(except the quickstart guide with the QR code!) to the old box, clean the old 18'er really well and send it back as opened but 'unused'. I'm sure the baseplate won't have changed between the 18' and 24' variety. TBH, its probably better to just put the used 18' on ebay and take the 12% hit.
Lol. That’s why people end up with a used product, after buying new. They then post how Tesla sucks for sending used products. …
I finally found the guy that does that. ..

I just received my 18’ WC on Aug 29th, and installed it 4 days ago. Turns out after owning a Clipper Creek EVSE that has a 24’ cord, I find I miss it. Gonna make up my mind in the next day our two if I will return it. Oh and it sure looked like the one I received had been “opened”. There was no protective film on the glass face plate and the mounting template mounting holes were deformed. So I have no qualms over returning it. At least I will get a NEW one.

Tesla could sell “refurbished” units. Folks buy refurbished electronics all the time with nice discounts.

Looks like I’m returning the 18’ that’s still in transit with FedEx and going to eat the 15% charge. Just ordered the 24’. Much more useful for outdoors.
I believe that you avoid the 15% charge just by not opening the box, and you >might< be able to avoid the return shipping fee by refusing the delivery(depending on your ethics, of course!). You could probably even login to Fedex and have them turn it around before it gets to your neigborhood.

Worst case, shipping is only $20-$30.

I believe that you avoid the 15% charge just by not opening the box, and you >might< be able to avoid the return shipping fee by refusing the delivery(depending on your ethics, of course!). You could probably even login to Fedex and have them turn it around before it gets to your neigborhood.

Worst case, shipping is only $20-$30.
Already called tesla and they said I’m stuck. The dude was not helpful at all and couldn’t give me about executing the return. Just “do it online”. Ok.

Already called tesla and they said I’m stuck. The dude was not helpful at all and couldn’t give me about executing the return. Just “do it online”. Ok.
I had ordered mine on 29th Aug which probably hadn't shipped yet, I ordered a second one and emailed [email protected] requesting for cancellation for the first order which they promptly did. I would definitely say YMMV depending on the stage of your order processing.

I'm going to order the 24' and sell the 18' on ebay. When charging my wife's car I have to put the cable over the trunk lid of my car with no slack. Extra 6' would make it perfect. Hopefully I can get $400 for the old unit so the upgrade will only cost me $100.

I have to say this is really annoying. If I'd known, I'd have got the 24' over the 18' (Longer has to be better)

In fact doubly annoying as I got the Wall Charger early so it'd be ready before I got the car AND ... I don't even have the freaking car yet !!!!!!!

If anyone is in the Kansas City area and wants a 24’ charger let me know. I ordered one with Apple Pay, never received an email or any verification, even a few days later, so thought the transaction did not work. Then I ordered one without Apple Pay and everything worked normally. Then I received the verification from the original order. So 2 are now on the way. Anyway, if anyone wants it when it arrives let me know or I’ll start the return process.