Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • We just completed a significant update, but we still have some fixes and adjustments to make. Please see this thread for more details and to find out how to revert to the old design. Cheers!

Gen 3 wall connector will not connect to wi-fi, how do I make sure the current is set correctly

philly4

Sep 12, 2021
NM
I'm a new member and this is my first post.

I have a Model 3 on order for January delivery and I have just installed a Gen 3 Wall Connector. In an Android device's WiFi Settings I found the SSID and entered the password, It replied "Connected with no Internet access".

Then I tried to commission the Wall Connector by loading 192.168.92.1 in Chrome on an Android device. 192.168.92.1 never loaded. I get this same result on two Android devices.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Just installed one this past week and used my GS21 phone to commission...had no issues. The only thing that was weird of sorts was after going through all the settings, there was no "done" button or anything, so the lights on the charger didn't read normal until the 10 minutes had passed.

a64pilot

Nov 11, 2021
Fl
If memory serves you do not set the amperage in the WC, you tell it the size of the circuit breaker, yes that determines the output amperage max, but by telling the WC that you have a 60 amp breaker, I believe the output limit is 48 amps. You can tell the set CB size by the number of green lights, that’s in the manual, mine was defaulted to a 60 amp breaker

Electrical code requires a breaker that has a higher rating than the load will be.

So telling the WC the size of the breaker sets the max current the WC can supply, but the car determines the max current that it can pull.
For instance I have an SR+ which can only pull 32 amps but I installed my WC with a 60 amp breaker, so even though it could supply 48 amps there won’t ever be more than a 32 amp load unless I plug in a car with a bigger battery.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC