Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen 3 Wall Connector wont stop broadcasting SSID...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
but it would be nice if its integrated into tesla app.

Starting with version 4.10.0 of the Tesla app, you will be able to add your Gen3 Wall Connector to your list of Tesla products:

20220705_085657.jpg
20220705_085707.jpg

The features that you are able to manage as of this version of the app are still very limited, but I'm sure Tesla will be adding more, as newer app updates (and Wall Connector firmware updates) come along.

20220705_085755.jpg
20220705_085757.jpg
20220705_090541.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DBeckwith
Starting with version 4.10.0 of the Tesla app, you will be able to add your Gen3 Wall Connector to your list of Tesla products:

View attachment 824934 View attachment 824933

The features that you are able to manage as of this version of the app are still very limited, but I'm sure Tesla will be adding more, as newer app updates (and Wall Connector firmware updates) come along.

View attachment 824935 View attachment 824937 View attachment 824938
Hi,

how do you get to "Manage product" screen in the app? I was not able to find it.

thansk

My Gen3 Wall Connector updated yesterday to Firmware 22.23.0 and the SSID broadcasting still turns off after 15 minutes, so thanks Tesla for still not messing this up. I didn't see any new features on the settings page. I wish Tesla gave us thorough release notes for both the Wall Connector updated as well as the vehicle updates...

What I did notice was that the faceplate LED's are much brighter after this update. Not just the green static one, but also the blue when charging is complete and the red when restating. Not a big deal, but noticable.🤷‍♂️

Reactions: DBeckwith

View attachment 824934 View attachment 824933

View attachment 824935 View attachment 824937 View attachment 824938

Good to know a version number where it's starting from.. I'm on 4.11 (on Android) and I still don't see the ability to manage my Wall Connector. I hope it's on the way soon.

On another note, I did notice that my Wall Connector has stopped broadcasting its SSID (halleluiah), but I've not connected to it lately to see what version of firmware it's running. I'll have to log into it and check it out and report back.

• Love
Reactions: Art VandeIay
I hope it's on the way soon.

That feature has to be enabled server side by Tesla, as you can see by the "loading" spinning circle you get for less than a second when you click on the "Add/Remove Products" tab on the settings menu within the app, but the code to manage the Gen3 Wall Connector from the app is there since version 4.10.

I mentioned on my previous post that the green LED on the faceplate is much brighter after firmware update 22.23.0, but upon further inspection, I realized that the LED is not actually brighter per se, but it looks brighter because now 2 LED's are lit up, instead of the previous 1, when in "ready/standby" mode 🤷‍♂️.