Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen 3 Wall Connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed a Wall Connector one last Tuesday, connected via WiFi.

Mine has not done anything at all. It does not appear the firmware updates happen automatically over WiFi. I suspect those who are getting updates either contacted Tesla for an issue and had one pushed, or are getting updates via the car instead. I don't have my car (yet). There is no option to check for updates, or force an update, from the built in web interface.

Should it happen all on its own I'll come back and update.

Tim

I installed a Wall Connector one last Tuesday, connected via WiFi.

Mine has not done anything at all. It does not appear the firmware updates happen automatically over WiFi. I suspect those who are getting updates either contacted Tesla for an issue and had one pushed, or are getting updates via the car instead. I don't have my car (yet). There is no option to check for updates, or force an update, from the built in web interface.

Should it happen all on its own I'll come back and update.

Tim

You installed one last Tuesday and you expect an firmware update? The firmware of the wall connector doesn't get updated as much as teh cars. You might get one every 3-4 months.

Mine seems to have updated today, this is what I now get when attempting to access on my internal network.

(moderator note: deleted pic as requested)

I got the same image as was posted in this thread yesterday. I pushed the button for 5 seconds and went through the provisioning again. When connected to the local WC server you see a different provisioning interface and the line voltage levels, which is nice; however, when I switched back to my local network, I got the image showing only the SN and firmware version. So basically, it appears you can not configure the WC or get the new line voltages via your local home wifi network.

• Informative
Reactions: TBrownTX
So how do you access that information page? Or did they take away the access after provisioning?

You power cycle the WC or push the wand button to bring up the WC local server. After connecting to the local server, you get a web page with the information page; however, when you reconnect the WC to your local network, you only get model/part number and serial number. Other than format changes on the web page, the only new information is power input line voltages (which is nice) and isolation resistance to ground (at least that is the only thing I saw). So you can provision but need physical access to the WC to do so.