Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen 3 Wall connectors and power sharing settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks,
I have a dedicated 60A circuit feeding a sub panel in my garage. It has 2 60A breakers, each attached to a gen 3 wall charger in a power sharing network configuration. The goal is that either car can charge alone at 48A, or they can charge simultaneously at 24A. To achieve a maximum total output of 48A, do I set the Max Network Current to 60A, or to 48A?

-Drew

Hi Folks,
I have a dedicated 60A circuit feeding a sub panel in my garage. It has 2 60A breakers, each attached to a gen 3 wall charger in a power sharing network configuration. The goal is that either car can charge alone at 48A, or they can charge simultaneously at 24A. To achieve a maximum total output of 48A, do I set the Max Network Current to 60A, or to 48A?

-Drew
Is it even possible to set to 60A?

You could get the answer experimentally... set it to 48 and see if a single car charges at 40 or 48 amps. If its 40, change the setting to 60A.

I'll wager you want to set it to 60A.

Set it to 48 amps - I was in a similar situation when I was setting up my second Wall Connector a month or so ago. If you keep the wall connector commissioning web page open when you enable the power sharing network, then plug in your vehicle, you’ll be able to see how much current is being used of the maximum available network current.

Reactions: Sophias_dad
I'm choosing this thread to post a question that hopefully fits. Getting my first Tesla tomorrow and I have the wall connector installed. It will just be for the one vehicle. I too have a double-breaker 60A, but should I set it for a lower amperage? I barely remember how to access the wall connector configuration so not sure what options are available so any info is appreciated!