Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen II Lighted Rear Applique available tomorrow evening at 8PM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be mounting a camcorder on the back of my car tomorrow and shooting the GenII appliqué in action as I drive through neighborhood streets and on a few highways. I'll post the video tomorrow or Sunday. Thought it would be helpful for folks to see this in dynamic operation -- what other drivers see when they're behind you on roads and highways.

Shot the video this am. It's on the video pages of TMC.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be mounting a camcorder on the back of my car tomorrow and shooting the GenII appliqué in action as I drive through neighborhood streets and on a few highways. I'll post the video tomorrow or Sunday. Thought it would be helpful for folks to see this in dynamic operation -- what other drivers see when they're behind you on roads and highways.

Shot the video this am. It's on the video pages of TMC.

We've already shipped 6 test production versions in MC red, black, matte black, green, and deep blue metallic. One polished aluminum shipped yesterday and the second is slated for shipment presently. That exhausts our supply of the test production versions. We will have 50 of the full production versions by the end of next week (the difference it that the full production versions have both upper and lower clips and the test versions only the upper). As more than half of the full production orders are for polished aluminum I thought it would be helpful to post some photos of those during assembly for shipment.

We're also now, at several owner's request, offering a version without the electronics. This version is considerably less expensive and much easier to install. It's available in polished aluminum and all of the painted colors and available with a choice of the T E S L A letters in several colors. Both versions are available here.

Here is the polished aluminum version with no electronics and red letter inserts.

DSC_6791.jpg

The polish is phenomenal - on a par or better than Tesla's OEM plastic piece, and ours is aluminum, not plastic. Here are some shots of the front and back sides, the letter board installed, and the applique during the test procedures we follow before shipping.

DSC_6812.JPG

DSC_6816.JPG

Notice the reflections off the polished surface.

DSC_6818.JPG

DSC_6825.JPG

I do the testing on m]our dining room table -- which is no small source of irritation for my wife:)

DSC_6830.JPG

The letter board is attached using different methods than the Gen I. As the letter boards are now conformal coated by Danal, they are pre-waterproofed and silicone sealant is no longer needed. The black tape prevents light leakage over the rear camera when the car is in reverse.

DSC_6805.JPG

The applique and parts are shipped in a long box with a foam insert. the applique itself fits in a precut slot in the foam so it's protected during shipment.

DSC_6820.JPG

Last edited:
By request we're developing a list of recommended installers nationally and internationally, We'll have no more than one or two recommended installers in each major region, e.g Los Angeles, San Franciso, Paris, Maryland/DC/NOVA, Copenhagen, etc. The list will be on our web site and posted on TMC as well.

The first group will be posted tomorrow.

By request we're developing a list of recommended installers nationally and internationally, We'll have no more than one or two recommended installers in each major region, e.g Los Angeles, San Franciso, Paris, Maryland/DC/NOVA, Copenhagen, etc. The list will be on our web site and posted on TMC as well.

The first group will be posted tomorrow.

Can you add Atlanta to the list? If it's easy for me, then i'll be happy to be an installer for this!