TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Gen III car is actually 2 cars

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Cosmacelf, May 30, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Well-Known Member

Right at the end of today's announcement he said that the Gen III car would actually be two cars, similar to the Model S/X concept we have now. A smaller sedan and smaller SUV. And he confirmed the Gen III cars and all future Tesla cars would be able to supercharge.

2. widodh

widodh Model S 85kWh

I ordered Model S since it is available NOW, but I'm thinking that Gen III might replace my Model S or be my second car so it's all electric here.

SC for Gen III as well? Going to be busy at those sites.

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Which could be interpreted as a Transit Connect (delivery truck)

4. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

Or more likely a smaller SUV... The X3 to BMW"s X5 for example...

5. Iz

Iz EVs are here to stay

They will probably be scaled down versions of the Model S/X. Elon alluded to this on the call today. Most likely not a great departure from the current styling.