Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen. Info re Springfield NJ delivery experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I took delivery of my Model 3 (mid-size battery) last night at 5PM in Springfield NJ. Overall, I thought everything went well and here is some info from my experience in case anyone is interested. I am not pointing out anything below to be negative (it's not easy for a company to try to do what Tesla is trying to do all before 12/31/18) just for general info now that i have a little info that i can contribute:

- It was not easy to find a parking space for the car you arrive in if your "driver" is sticking around for the delivery. The facility is packed w cars outside;
-I did not wait long and the execution of the paperwork was quick;
-The inspection of the car took place outside in the dark and cold (about 32 degrees).
-Remember to bring a good flashlight if your appointment is at night.
-The cleaning of the car was average. The glass was cleaned poorly and some lower parts of the exterior were missed entirely if you looked down low;
-The explanation of how stuff works from the delivery person was very short. About 5 min. They just went over how to open and lock the car with the cards and the phone - connected the phone as a Key - explained how to go into P, D and N.
-The car had a pending software update. I realized this when i got home and did the update no problem.
-My drive home was about 55 miles and they made sure i had at least 150 miles of charge. The car had about 5 mi. on it to start.
-Leaving and getting on Route 22 is not easy because the road has lots of tight, fast traffic during most times - stressful if it is your first time driving an electric car.
-You can do a little practice driving on a relatively quiet street that basically forms a big circle if you exit out the back of the facility but you eventually need to come back to Rt 22 to leave the area.
- The staff at the facility were all nice and very polite.
- I had no problem connecting the car to my home wifi as soon as i got home.