Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen3 "BlueStar" 4-door sedan styling ideas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what I'm hoping for.

View attachment 6800

1000 lbs lighter than the Model S.
Improved Cd over the Model S. (0.21)
30 kWh - 160 mile range (base model)
Seats 4 (Cabin's length and height remain the same as the Model s)

I like this idea. But I hope that by the time Gen3 will be produced AWD, ACC and ventilated front seats will be available. I also would like a 100 KWh Gen3 version. A car like this would be ideal in Rome :)

... because I want the Convertible.

As does my wife but I thnk aerodynamics play such a huge part of Tesla's "secret sauce" that a range sucking soft top would be released when battery tech is in the 600 mile range.

A hard top convertible is probably doable (though not aero perfect, complicated and heavy) and with a frunk there is no loss of carrying space.

Attachments

• 640px-BMW_320d_Sport_Line_(F30)_–_Frontansicht,_26._Februar_2012,_Wülfrath.jpg
    640px-BMW_320d_Sport_Line_(F30)_–_Frontansicht,_26._Februar_2012,_Wülfrath.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 627
  • e92.jpg
    e92.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 763

I think that Tesla can do better than BMW. In fact Model S has already a much better style than BMW series 5 or 7. I think that also in the case of GenIII Tesla will overtake BMW Style.

- - - Updated - - -

How about a mini suicide door similar to the RX8 as a compromise?

No please :) I don't like the small rear doors.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the GenIII will be a 2 door car. It will not be a big car. Just big enough to fit a large enough battery below the floor. I envision it seating 4 adults comfortably, with plenty of storage. I'm guessing 2 battery options, with the standard battery getting a range of maybe 180 miles, and the upgraded battery getting 250 miles. Base pricing around $33K after the tax credit? Hopefully by then it will be a point of purchase credit.

As does my wife but I thnk aerodynamics play such a huge part of Tesla's "secret sauce" that a range sucking soft top would be released when battery tech is in the 600 mile range.

A hard top convertible is probably doable (though not aero perfect, complicated and heavy) and with a frunk there is no loss of carrying space.

I think the hardtop on my 3 series only adds a couple hundred pounds. No idea what it does to the aeros with it down.

Too bad the Genlll will be a two door. :)

Remember this thread? :
Tesla Model C Concept Design Study
conceptc.jpg

Perhaps Tesla can come up with some radical door design that has two doors but still lets passengers get in back without having to move the front seat forward.

How about a mini suicide door similar to the RX8 as a compromise?
I don't like those half doors either. Hopefully there is a better way.
Note, some nice things about traditional 4 doors:
#1: Rear passengers can enter/exit without disturbing the driver and front passenger.
#2: The doors tend to be less long so less chance of "door dings" to neighboring cars and the ability to get in/out even in compact parking spaces.

Last edited: